Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'm a vibey and outgoing guy. I love making jokes, and just making people laugh. I am very loud and people who know me properly think I love the sound of my own voice.

However, when I'm around most people 90% of the people I know I'm not happy. I feel on edge and as though I cannot be myself as somehow I'm not good enough to speak my mind, I always double think what I'm going to say and because of this I am much more muted and quiet than I actually am. Which makes everything well 90% of things suck for me as I'm not being myself.
    I get hot and get this weird feeling.

How do I overcome it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnLonggg)
    Ok so I'm a vibey and outgoing guy. I love making jokes, and just making people laugh. I am very loud and people who know me properly think I love the sound of my own voice.

However, when I'm around most people 90% of the people I know I'm not happy. I feel on edge and as though I cannot be myself as somehow I'm not good enough to speak my mind, I always double think what I'm going to say and because of this I am much more muted and quiet than I actually am. Which makes everything well 90% of things suck for me as I'm not being myself.
    I get hot and get this weird feeling.

How do I overcome it?
    :hugs:
    hope you're okay?

the more you think about things- the more worried you get and work youself up about it- how do i know? becasue i used to do it myself!
    You are good enough!!!:yep: dont say that

try not to think about it, and just talk- bottleing up what you want to say wont help, i learnt the hard way, but! throw yourself into it!
    If not, i used meditation techniques to calm down the anxiety type feeling- it sounds odd but it really helps with the 'hot and werid feeling' you said you get:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    :hugs:
    hope you're okay?

the more you think about things- the more worried you get and work youself up about it- how do i know? becasue i used to do it myself!
    You are good enough!!!:yep: dont say that

try not to think about it, and just talk- bottleing up what you want to say wont help, i learnt the hard way, but! throw yourself into it!
    If not, i used meditation techniques to calm down the anxiety type feeling- it sounds odd but it really helps with the 'hot and werid feeling' you said you get:yep:
    It go so bad one time it lasted for legit like a month, did it just go away for you eventually?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnLonggg)
    It go so bad one time it lasted for legit like a month, did it just go away for you eventually?
    honestly no, it lasted a few weeks for me- but believe when i say this- it does get better!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.