Turn on thread page Beta

Help me watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I'm a vibey and outgoing guy. I love making jokes, and just making people laugh. I am very loud and people who know me properly think I love the sound of my own voice.

However, when I'm around most people 90% of the people I know I'm not happy. I feel on edge and as though I cannot be myself as somehow I'm not good enough to speak my mind, I always double think what I'm going to say and because of this I am much more muted and quiet than I actually am. Which makes everything well 90% of things suck for me as I'm not being myself.
    I get hot and get this weird feeling.

How do I overcome it?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by JohnLonggg)
    Ok so I'm a vibey and outgoing guy. I love making jokes, and just making people laugh. I am very loud and people who know me properly think I love the sound of my own voice.

However, when I'm around most people 90% of the people I know I'm not happy. I feel on edge and as though I cannot be myself as somehow I'm not good enough to speak my mind, I always double think what I'm going to say and because of this I am much more muted and quiet than I actually am. Which makes everything well 90% of things suck for me as I'm not being myself.
    I get hot and get this weird feeling.

How do I overcome it?
    :hugs:
    hope you're okay?

the more you think about things- the more worried you get and work youself up about it- how do i know? becasue i used to do it myself!
    You are good enough!!!:yep: dont say that

try not to think about it, and just talk- bottleing up what you want to say wont help, i learnt the hard way, but! throw yourself into it!
    If not, i used meditation techniques to calm down the anxiety type feeling- it sounds odd but it really helps with the 'hot and werid feeling' you said you get:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    :hugs:
    hope you're okay?

the more you think about things- the more worried you get and work youself up about it- how do i know? becasue i used to do it myself!
    You are good enough!!!:yep: dont say that

try not to think about it, and just talk- bottleing up what you want to say wont help, i learnt the hard way, but! throw yourself into it!
    If not, i used meditation techniques to calm down the anxiety type feeling- it sounds odd but it really helps with the 'hot and werid feeling' you said you get:yep:
    It go so bad one time it lasted for legit like a month, did it just go away for you eventually?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by JohnLonggg)
    It go so bad one time it lasted for legit like a month, did it just go away for you eventually?
    honestly no, it lasted a few weeks for me- but believe when i say this- it does get better!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.