Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

how u know if ur an alcoholic? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i dont think i am but i do always drink whenever i feel sad which isnt THAT often maybe evry 1/2 weeks or so and when i say "drink" i mean like alone and a lot of it but im a social drinker too sometimes but i drink mostly on my own so its not really alot i drink its just that i binge drink wheni m sad ????

ReputationRep:
    if you need it to feel normal

ReputationRep:
    When you feel like you need it as part of your daily routine/ on an everyday basis and without it, you feel like you can't get through the day,etc

ReputationRep:
    When you wake up and find yourself in strange places and you don't know how you got there.

When your floor's full of empty bottles and you can't use the bin 'coz its full of bottles.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say you're an alcoholic but doing that is an easy way to fall into alcoholism. I'll have the odd few drinks alone or when I'm sad, but it comes with regret. I don't get sad and think "ugh where's the vodka". I don't think it's healthy to drink when you're sad unless it's like a little wine or beer just to feel better for comfort or enjoyment. If you're full on getting drunk when you're sad, it's an alcoholic tendency which means if suddenly things get tough you'll turn to alcohol and depending on how tough things get is what decides if you're an alcoholic. It's a recipe for a downwards spiral, you haven't gone down yet but it's highly likely you could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluemadhatter)
    i dont think i am but i do always drink whenever i feel sad which isnt THAT often maybe evry 1/2 weeks or so and when i say "drink" i mean like alone and a lot of it but im a social drinker too sometimes but i drink mostly on my own so its not really alot i drink its just that i binge drink wheni m sad ????
    You're not one yet however you're on route to becoming one

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.