Turn on thread page Beta

I am an American and I voted for Donald Trump AMA watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cashcash871)
    I went to the UK a few years ago on a high school exchange program and I considered studying at a UK university before but decided against in the end. Feel free to ask anything you want- I feel that a lot of non-Americans don't really understand America and our culture well, and vice versa, so feel feee to ask anything you want! I did also vote for Donald Trump in the election, it was a hard decision but I think it was the best decision in my opinion.
    glad you are enjoying TSR buddy !

ermm do you think we should have Fraternities & Sororities over here ?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    What are so many Americans so damned fat? And why don't they do anything about it?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think the British media are so biased and ignorant about Trump and the US?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wardog)
    It's 2016, we have access to the same websites and even broadcasts that they do. He can also be equally as misinformed. Anyone here who didn't get all the details on the american elections shouldnt talk at all.
    but you don't live in the country.
    If anything, I'd argue that non-Americans or people not living in the US shouldn't have a say on those matters.

ReputationRep:
    I went to the UK a few years ago on a high school exchange program and I considered studying at a UK university before but decided against in the end. Feel free to ask anything you want- I feel that a lot of non-Americans don't really understand America and our culture well, and vice versa, so feel feee to ask anything you want! I did also vote for Donald Trump in the election, it was a hard decision but I think it was the best decision in my opinion.
    We're not that different actually. The people who voted for Brexit here are pretty much the same as the people who voted for Trump in murica.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think will be the greatest achievements of the Bush Presidency?

Will it be:

1. Tax cuts to kick start the economy?

2. Much needed investment in infrastructure?

3. Rebalancing the Supreme Court?

4. The abolition of Obamacare?

5. A reset of US Foreign Policy?

6. An all out attack on the Democrat identity politics, culture wars and political correctness?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    but you don't live in the country.
    If anything, I'd argue that non-Americans or people not living in the US shouldn't have a say on those matters.
    Well done for completely ignoring my point. Let me reiterate: We have access to the same websites and broadcasts, we have access to the same information which is provided on many news channels here. There's also far less bias in our sources too.

Sure, perhaps more people in America are informed about the politics because it is of personal interest to them but a well informed brit has an opinion of equal worth compared to a well informed American. OP wanted to educate us, when actually he's just going to spew some biased info at us.

Now please tell me why non Americans or people in the US shouldnt have a say. That is something a fascist or an uneducated cretin would say. Pls dont say stupid stuff like that if you're planning on coming to study here.

ReputationRep:
    Would you have considered voting for Sanders if he'd won the nomination?

Do you think the electoral college needs reform given that Clinton got 3 million more votes but lost?

(I'm not saying Trump shouldn't be President as he won by the rules of the contest but the outcome seems bizarre to me given the difference)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    What do you think will be the greatest achievements of the Bush Presidency?

Will it be:

1. Tax cuts to kick start the economy?

2. Much needed investment in infrastructure?

3. Rebalancing the Supreme Court?

4. The abolition of Obamacare?

5. A reset of US Foreign Policy?

6. An all out attack on the Democrat identity politics, culture wars and political correctness?
    Jeb 2020

Make Clapping Great Again

ReputationRep:
    Do u like his tan?

Spoiler:
    Show

but 4 srs this time, do you feel like the recent election has caused any divisions in america? Like are people more against eachother now ?

ReputationRep:
    Well done for completely ignoring my point. Let me reiterate: We have access to the same websites and broadcasts, we have access to the same information which is provided on many news channels here. There's also far less bias in our sources too.

Sure, perhaps more people in America are informed about the politics because it is of personal interest to them but a well informed brit has an opinion of equal worth compared to a well informed American. OP wanted to educate us, when actually he's just going to spew some biased info at us.

Now please tell me why non Americans or people in the US shouldnt have a say. That is something a fascist or an uneducated cretin would say. Pls dont say stupid stuff like that if you're planning on coming to study here.
    I already do study here thank you very much.
    As for the rest of your 'points', its easy to sit in warm cozy UK, with free and reliable NHS as well as student finance that includes a maintenance loan and think you know everything about life of ordinary Americans just because ' you have access to the same information'. It is easy to say 'building a wall is bad, Mexicans are good people' when you don't have to deal with them.
    You don't know the life there, it's easy to comment on everything from the comfort of your (much better) country. And for that same reason, I don't see the point in non Americans/ people not living in the US making long comments about how scared they are for Trump's presidency when they aren't the ones who will be under the direct impact of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jape)
    Jeb 2020

Make Clapping Great Again
    Ha ha ha!

Freudian slip.

ReputationRep:
    As for the rest of your 'points', its easy to sit in warm cozy UK, with free and reliable NHS as well as student finance that includes a maintenance loan and think you know everything about life of ordinary Americans just because ' you have access to the same information'. It is easy to say 'building a wall is bad, Mexicans are good people' when you don't have to deal with them.
    You don't know the life there, it's easy to comment on everything from the comfort of your (much better) country. And for that same reason, I don't see the point in non Americans/ people not living in the US making long comments about how scared they are for Trump's presidency when they aren't the ones who will be under the direct impact of it.
    This🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Finally, someone with some sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mickey mouse subject.

ReputationRep:
    What you have essentially said is that their opinion is of higher worth because they have been directly affected by American policies. the issue is that what you're saying is that they essentially hold an irrational view based on feelings rather than facts.

Now please elaborate on what you mean by "mexicans are good people when you dont have to deal with them". The same can be said for foreign students coming here and stealing our uni places, but is that a sensible viewpoint? No.

You're now doing nothing more than exaggerating and spewing irrational xenophobic rubbish. The vast majority of states that voted for Trump isnt affected massively by undocumented immigrants.

But as I said, facts over feelings. The news broadcast and service here still shows us the same amount of coverage of pure facts and stats as it does in america. A pragmatic voter deals using facts not because they dislike the latinos across the street.

ReputationRep:
    What you have essentially said is that their opinion is of higher worth because they have been directly affected by American policies. the issue is that what you're saying is that they essentially hold an irrational view based on feelings rather than facts.

Now please elaborate on what you mean by "mexicans are good people when you dont have to deal with them". The same can be said for foreign students coming here and stealing our uni places, but is that a sensible viewpoint? No.

You're now doing nothing more than exaggerating and spewing irrational xenophobic rubbish. The vast majority of states that voted for Trump isnt affected massively by undocumented immigrants.

But as I said, facts over feelings. The news broadcast and service here still shows us the same amount of coverage of pure facts and stats as it does in america. A pragmatic voter deals using facts not because they dislike the latinos across the street.
    That was just an example, I don't have anything against Mexican (quite frankly I find them very attractive).

And we are talking here about human lives, feelings are more relevant than facts. Who cares states that voted for Trump aren't massively affected by immigrants if people clearly feel threatened by them.
    Probably less than 1% of all Muslims make part of ISIS so technically there's nothing to worry about (what's 1%?) whereas the reality is a bit different

ReputationRep:
    That was just an example, I don't have anything against Mexican (quite frankly I find them very attractive).

And we are talking here about human lives, feelings are more relevant than facts. Who cares states that voted for Trump aren't massively affected by immigrants if people clearly feel threatened by them.
    Probably less than 1% of all Muslims make part of ISIS so technically there's nothing to worry about (what's 1%?) whereas the reality is a bit different
    Again, let's go back to the uni example yeah. foreigners pay more for uni than us brits so unis want them more and as a result hard working british students think that foreigners are making unis too competitive and only brits should be allowed to go to british unis (genuine view in Cambridge btw) But is that really a pragmatic way of thinking? No.

You keep on ignoring my points. No human lives are in danger, pls try and use proper english because idk what you're saying.

"People feeling threatened by them" This is just proof that theyre voting with their xenophobic irrational thought process.

ReputationRep:

I don't really understand how you can just claim that their media is bias and ours isn't? How do you know ours isn't falsely representing America? Because I can assure you to some extent it is too.

And why does their media make their opinions invalid compared to yours, just bc you watch BBC news?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    America is split up into 2 continents. Therefore you are not just 'American'. You must be either North American or South American. So which one are you?

ReputationRep:
    And we are talking here about human lives, feelings are more relevant.
    Feelings are never more important than facts.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.