philipreynolds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I received my EPQ grade today, which was an A*. If anybody who has done the EPQ or is currently doing it would like any tips or questions answering, I would be happy to help.
hxrl3yB00
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I wouldn't mind... My school started it last year but dropped the entire idea (even though I finished my essay during christmas) ... I included it on UCAS so I kind of have to submit it but I have no support from school. Any advice?
Aear
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Could you give some advice on how to do well in the EPQ, what you did yours on. I'm hoping to do one next year, but know little about it other than it's generally an essay. Is it just that, or does it contain other things that need to be done?
username2885068
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd ask for tips, but I do the art EPQ, and I've found barely anyone on here who does that :'(
minionzzz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by philipreynolds)
I received my EPQ grade today, which was an A*. If anybody who has done the EPQ or is currently doing it would like any tips or questions answering, I would be happy to help.
i've been told that my sixth form college introduces the EPQ to year 12s in june ish so that they can do it over the summer and i was considering it, i've done my research about it but i wanted to ask if it's worth it. Do alot of universities accept it? would you recommend linking it to you a levels or whatever course you want to do for uni?
username2885068
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by minionzzz)
i've been told that my sixth form college introduces the EPQ to year 12s in june ish so that they can do it over the summer and i was considering it, i've done my research about it but i wanted to ask if it's worth it. Do alot of universities accept it? would you recommend linking it to you a levels or whatever course you want to do for uni?
Definitely try to link it with what you want to do at university. I was told by my teacher that they don't really look at the UCAS points you receive, but the topic of the EPQ. It'll show you've actually got a passion for the subject
minionzzz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CarysJSLewis)
Definitely try to link it with what you want to do at university. I was told by my teacher that they don't really look at the UCAS points you receive, but the topic of the EPQ. It'll show you've actually got a passion for the subject
Ok.
I'm in quite a dilemma in my life, i've also had a passion to open a business as a boutique and expand, but i've always been told that it may not be successful because of how many business there already is. Therefore, i moved over to computer science and want to be a software engineer, however, i've been put off it due to bad teachers in gcse and now at a level. I want to go back to my business idea but i dont know if i could do it at uni (i do computing, business and maths a level.)

I was thinking for EPQ, i could start a website and actually start my business, starting off online, and at the end i could probably present either my website and sales stats or a fashion show (or both). Thoughts? tips?
username2885068
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by minionzzz)
Ok.
I'm in quite a dilemma in my life, i've also had a passion to open a business as a boutique and expand, but i've always been told that it may not be successful because of how many business there already is. Therefore, i moved over to computer science and want to be a software engineer, however, i've been put off it due to bad teachers in gcse and now at a level. I want to go back to my business idea but i dont know if i could do it at uni (i do computing, business and maths a level.)

I was thinking for EPQ, i could start a website and actually start my business, starting off online, and at the end i could probably present either my website and sales stats or a fashion show (or both). Thoughts? tips?
Have you looked into Etsy? That's a pretty great place to start a small business
minionzzz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CarysJSLewis)
Have you looked into Etsy? That's a pretty great place to start a small business
yes, that is exactly where i'm planning to do it. However, i'm starting this small business now using Etsy but i was thinking for EPQ i could move over to a proper website and present that.

What things would make you stand out or allow you to get that top mark?
leche_frita1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by philipreynolds)
Hi, I am currently finishing my EPQ in History without real guidance of my teacher and I wonder if my project is a real EPQ... or just a History essay? How to be sure my text is answering the requirements?
I need all your tips....
My school doesn't have much experience on EPQ....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed