Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP!! A levels C34 test in 3 days!! past papers ??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I finished doing all the chapters from a levels book. i followed Pearson's AS and A Level modular mathematics book for C3 and C4 by keith pledger (blue and green colour book). i did some maths from each chapter for understanding the rules and formulas and did mixed chapters. i skipped the 6th chapter(Integration) of C4 entirely and have a little trouble solving differentiations which i'm still practicing by the way.
    My question is how many past papers should i do atleast since I only have 4 days left for the exam? I need atleast a C so can anyone help me please?

ReputationRep:
    some help please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsn.ra)
    I finished doing all the chapters from a levels book. i followed Pearson's AS and A Level modular mathematics book for C3 and C4 by keith pledger (blue and green colour book). i did some maths from each chapter for understanding the rules and formulas and did mixed chapters. i skipped the 6th chapter(Integration) of C4 entirely and have a little trouble solving differentiations which i'm still practicing by the way.
    My question is how many past papers should i do atleast since I only have 4 days left for the exam? I need atleast a C so can anyone help me please?
    Not sure why this is even a question. There are very few C34 past papers as IAL is a relatively new qualification. Do them all. With the limited study you have done it is vital to try to learn some exam technique.
    When you run out of them do mostly C3 past papers from the UK specification and the few questions you will be able to do from C4 papers until you run out of time.
    The examsolutions.net site has worked solutions to most C3 and 4 papers if you get stuck, though they don't do the IAL ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Not sure why this is even a question. There are very few C34 past papers as IAL is a relatively new qualification. Do them all. With the limited study you have done it is vital to try to learn some exam technique.
    When you run out of them do mostly C3 past papers from the UK specification and the few questions you will be able to do from C4 papers until you run out of time.
    The examsolutions.net site has worked solutions to most C3 and 4 papers if you get stuck, though they don't do the IAL ones.
    i collected c34 past paper of 2016 2015 2014 both january and june. Will these 6 papers be enough if i practice them multiple times? And if i do go for C3 and C4 past papers, up to which year should i practice? i mean didnt they change some specifications after 2010 or something?
    i got an old book from a friend and it has chapter wise past papers of all units from may 2005 to january 2010. i plan to finish them all then move to the latest 6 C34 papers. will that be a wise decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsn.ra)
    i collected c34 past paper of 2016 2015 2014 both january and june. Will these 6 papers be enough if i practice them multiple times? And if i do go for C3 and C4 past papers, up to which year should i practice? i mean didnt they change some specifications after 2010 or something?
    i got an old book from a friend and it has chapter wise past papers of all units from may 2005 to january 2010. i plan to finish them all then move to the latest 6 C34 papers. will that be a wise decision?
    Any exam practice you can do will improve your readiness but the C34 is the most important because while the maths content is the same, the style of questions is a little different from the separate 3 and 4 papers. Doing the same paper more than once has never applealed to me but if it works for you then why not.
    The uk specification for C3 and C4 is unchanged from 2005 so any paper you do is fine. You may find a few C3 and C4 R (regional papers) that are more recent and worth using.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Any exam practice you can do will improve your readiness but the C34 is the most important because while the maths content is the same, the style of questions is a little different from the separate 3 and 4 papers. Doing the same paper more than once has never applealed to me but if it works for you then why not.
    The uk specification for C3 and C4 is unchanged from 2005 so any paper you do is fine. You may find a few C3 and C4 R (regional papers) that are more recent and worth using.
    Thank you very much. I was quite confused and worried about these but the information you provided helped me a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is C34 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cluster1)
    Wtf is C34 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    C34 is the single unit exam in Edexcel international A level maths that combines the knowledge from the separate C3 and C4 units in the UK exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.