The Student Room Group

College/Sixth Form Applications

I haven't applied anywhere, I have no idea what to do my applications and my parents aren't even worried about the deadlines, people have been offered interviews and even places, I am freaking out, I need help and guidance.
and why haven't you applied anywhere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a reason why you haven't applied anywhere? Surely you should've done so by now as deadlines are either closing or closed
Reply 3
Original post by Runaways
I haven't applied anywhere, I have no idea what to do my applications and my parents aren't even worried about the deadlines, people have been offered interviews and even places, I am freaking out, I need help and guidance.

Do you have any idea of where you want to go?
Because my parents weren't worried at all, and they kept making excuses and even when the deadline is in two days and I want to apply tonight I get a "don't apply yet".
why are you relying on them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most places (atleast the private ones in London) have already given out the places...
If there are any sixth forms that you haven't missed the deadline for yet, then apply tonight - don't count on your parents to do it for you!

Worst case scenario, you miss the deadlines and call all the schools that you want to go to's offices on resluts day.
Normally they hold a couple places for last minute people applying in August who have done well in their GCSEs
Original post by Runaways

Get an application form for sixth forms/colleges near you and just apply? Lmao...
Right okay,
The first step is to find out a list of all the colleges you are interested in/ or are nearby and you are considering.
Then research on what courses you want. I assume you've decided?
Get a hold of the forms and start filling them out. I know that everyone is already getting interviews and everything but it's okay. Applying later in the allotted time slot won't ruin anything.
It seems like you need to sit with your parents and explain perhaps show them the forms and the list of deadlines. I feel like a list of deadlines will help them realise time isn't on your side.

Good luck and I hope this helps!
They know about the deadlines, definitely. I told them about two months ago the deadline and have reminded them since.
Reply 10
Runaways why are you blaming your parents. Just go on the computer and complete the application. They don't need to hold your hand, you can do it. Or maybe you are anxious or just don't want to go and blaming them for your not doing it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest