Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 17 and I've never been out with a girl, kissed, held hands or had a girlfriend Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by DanF2000)
    I turned 17 yesterday and I realised have never had a girlfriend, kissed or been kissed or cuddled a girl before. I'm quite overweight (have been my whole life and the doctors are saying it could be genetics/hormonal problems) and I have Aspergers. More and more people are becoming couples at my school and even the girl I've been best friends with and kinda had a crush on has been out/kissed a boy (even if it was 10 years ago). I sometimes feel like my hormones are going haywire as I seem to find a lot of girls, most who have a boyfriend, attractive and I'm hoping this will calm down soon. I'm not the type of person who likes to go out late, partying, drinking, etc. But I am someone who's very shy but I have good hobbies (cooking, reading, going for walks) and I care a lot more about the personality and soul of a person rather than appearance. I like to go out to friends, play videogames (Pokemon) together for an hour in the day but this is about once every two months. And I'm one of those people who doesn't stay out late compared to everyone else and actually likes to be at home. Could these be the reason why I have never had a girlfriend? Also, I've been thinking that when I go to Uni, I could meet someone there so what would be the chances of this? Thanks
    Go to the gym, hit the weights, do some cardio as this will increase your confidence.

You're only 17, you have plenty of time to find a girlfriend .

Focus on your hobbies, such as reading, going for walks, playing video games and have fun with your friends.

Just be happy and proud of yourself. As stated, hit the weights to make yourself feel better, focus on the things that make you happy.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    tbh OP it's pretty normal at your age.
    I'm 17.5 (and two days) and i havent either.
    tbh unless ur like incredibly obese (which i highly doubt you are) your weight won't make much difference.
    It's when you get to like 25 is when you should be concerned :P
    Me on the other hand.... i have acne so i have no hope XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasticide)
    tbh OP it's pretty normal at your age.
    I'm 17.5 (and two days) and i havent either.
    tbh unless ur like incredibly obese (which i highly doubt you are) your weight won't make much difference.
    It's when you get to like 25 is when you should be concerned :P
    Me on the other hand.... i have acne so i have no hope XD
    I had acne. Which medication/creams are you using?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)
    I had acne. Which medication/creams are you using?
    I can't remember to be honest, when i was 12 i had this certain cream they said to keep using once a day (that kept bleaching EVERYTHING :/, so many stains in my duvet now its unreal) but after 3 years they said nah it ain't working and i just gave up really. Cream or no cream it seems to always be just as bad.

To be honest though, it's not extremely bad acne but it's not mild either.... just enough to repel people who dont know me...

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember to be honest, when i was 12 i had this certain cream they said to keep using once a day (that kept bleaching EVERYTHING :/, so many stains in my duvet now its unreal) but after 3 years they said nah it ain't working and i just gave up really. Cream or no cream it seems to always be just as bad.

To be honest though, it's not extremely bad acne but it's not mild either.... just enough to repel people who dont know me...
    Was it duac? Do you moisturise your skin often? Use moisturisers that contain vitamins and skin loving ingredients. I use simple because it contains vitamin B5 and vitamin E. How often do you exfoliate?

I break out occasionally especially during/after exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)
    Was it duac? Do you moisturise your skin often? Use moisturisers that contain vitamins and skin loving ingredients. I use simple because it contains vitamin B5 and vitamin E. How often do you exfoliate?

I break out occasionally especially during/after exams.
    I exfoliate every day,
    i actually had a tiny bit of a tube left and yes it is Duac. I don't know what's in the stuff i use but ive done trial and error to see what reduces the redness :P
    Anyway, if you reply, dont expect me to speak until tomorrow sorry, gotta go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanF2000)
    I turned 17 yesterday and I realised have never had a girlfriend, kissed or been kissed or cuddled a girl before.
    Having a girlfriend when you're under the age of 18 is waste of your time - seriously. I had around 3 girlfriends before I was 13 and regretted all of them. To be fair, I only went out of with them because I didn't want them to kill themselves, as they proposed when I said I didn't want to. After 13 I never had a girlfriend and won't until I'm at the minimum age of 18. At least get education out the way before you get 5 girls pregnant and catch at least 15 different STI's.

ReputationRep:
    I exfoliate every day,
    i actually had a tiny bit of a tube left and yes it is Duac. I don't know what's in the stuff i use but ive done trial and error to see what reduces the redness :P
    Anyway, if you reply, dont expect me to speak until tomorrow sorry, gotta go
    Exfoliating everyday will cause breakouts and irritate your skin.

Yes! I used duac!! I quite liked it tbf

Lol alright

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.