Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I was given an offer to study Computer Science at Nottingham and was then sent an email about their applicant day.

Does anyone know whether the applicant day is definitely compulsory if I already hold an offer?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Not not at all, as far as I'm aware they're almost just like another offer day to give you a sense of what the uni is like and to help you make a decision

ReputationRep:
    Went to this last year, It's definitely not compulsory. You have your offer no matter what, I don't think they can revoke it just because you didn't go to the applicant day. However, if you haven't already made a decision on your firm/insurance I would recommend going to this and anything any other uni might invite you to if you can make it. You're about to spend an awful lot of money on university, it's impossible to be sure where's best for you until you get there, but you can make a best guess, so why wouldn't you get all of the possible information?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.