Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

no matter how hard i try or even dont try.... i always end up getting rejeted for some reason or another....... guys say one thing and do the other?

what am i doing wrong?:cry2: it really throws your confidence out of the window :sad:

ReputationRep:
    What's the context? Tinder? Clubs? Social circle? Example?

(Original post by Mustard-man)
    What's the context? Tinder? Clubs? Social circle? Example?
    lets say there's a guy i like- we'll start talking and it'll be going fine...and then when i ask about where we stand- 'it's im not ready' or 'it not you, it's me' the same ol cliched lines......

ReputationRep:
    how old are you?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    lets say there's a guy i like- we'll start talking and it'll be going fine...and then when i ask about where we stand- 'it's im not ready' or 'it not you, it's me' the same ol cliched lines......
    Because, asking "where we stand?" is way too needy in my opinion. What ever happened to the good old "do you wanna have dinner with me?" line and then giving him an option to say yes or no? Do you ever flirt? Maybe they think you're just a friend, how do they know you like them if you don't make that clear to them?

ReputationRep:
    You're probably not doing anything 'wrong' , there isn't really like a right or wrong way . Theyre probably just not the right person for you , the right one will come along x

ReputationRep:
    How many times have you met up with them, before asking where you stand?

(Original post by ChickenMadness)
    how old are you?

(Original post by UWS)
    Because, asking "where we stand?" is way too needy in my opinion. What ever happened to the good old "do you wanna have dinner with me?" line and then giving him an option to say yes or no? Do you ever flirt? Maybe they think you're just a friend, how do they know you like them if you don't make that clear to them?
    well i dont exaclty say that- but when ive told them i liked them...thats usually what gets said :cry2:
    yes, there's always flirting- but why do guys only see me as someone to casually flirt with? i do anything like the outgoing girls do :rolleyes:

(Original post by Supernova91)
    You're probably not doing anything 'wrong' , there isn't really like a right or wrong way . Theyre probably just not the right person for you , the right one will come along x
    but why does it happen with every guy?
    its happend so much- im used to getting rejected now :sad:

(Original post by Cecelia Tallice)
    How many times have you met up with them, before asking where you stand?
    a good few times, not on the first meet ect
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    well i dont exaclty say that- but when ive told them i liked them...thats usually what gets said :cry2:
    yes, there's always flirting- but why do guys only see me as someone to casually flirt with? i do anything like the outgoing girls do :rolleyes:
    So you are getting friend zoned then because you're not making your feelings known.

Maybe the guy likes you, how do you reciprocate?

ReputationRep:

How do you broach the subject with guys ? And how many are we talking ?

ReputationRep:

Maybe you're trying too hard and it's offputting lol. Have you tried being more subtle and being less flirty? Like just being normal friends first.

(Original post by UWS)
    So you are getting friend zoned then because you're not making your feelings known.

Maybe the guy likes you, how do you reciprocate?
    even when i tell them how i feel it gets thrown back in my face....

(Original post by Supernova91)
    How do you broach the subject with guys ? And how many are we talking ?
    what do you mean? like recently i started talking to this guy, we'd been talking for weeks, and had gone out for dinner, met up ect, and then last night says 'i dont think it's going to work out'? .....i like- i didnt even do anything?

Maybe you're trying too hard and it's offputting lol. Have you tried being more subtle and being less flirty? Like just being normal friends first.
    i really dont i only flirt back if they flirt first- if they dont, then i dont try :/
    yeah i have- thats what i did with the previous guy :sad:

ReputationRep:
    even when i tell them how i feel it gets thrown back in my face....

what do you mean? like recently i started talking to this guy, we'd been talking for weeks, and had gone out for dinner, met up ect, and then last night says 'i dont think it's going to work out'? .....i like- i didnt even do anything?

i really dont i only flirt back if they flirt first- if they dont, then i dont try :/
    yeah i have- thats what i did with the previous guy :sad:
    tried tinder? should be easier since you know the guy talking to you is actually attracted in the first place.

ReputationRep:

Maybe if you don't broach the subject of where you stand, your relationship will materialise. Some guys freak out when they think the relationship is labelled too soon. Or if they feel at all pressured. It's best they figure it out how they feel in their own time. But don't loose confidence, maybe you just haven't met the right guy! When you meet someone just really sell your personality, dress to impress, be flirtatious,make enough moves to keep them intruiged and most importantly don't give too much away. Even if you really like them, make them chase you! Good luck!

tried tinder? should be easier since you know the guy talking to you is actually attracted in the first place.
    i havent heard good things about tinder

i get what you mean though :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.