Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Help! I am really struggling in chemistry. I do my revsion but once it comes to exams my brain doesn't seem to work and I end up with U grades. I'm doing AS and I've had 2 practice exams which I've been getting U grades! I work really hard too I go over all the notes I've made (using flash cards) but still.

Why is it that I'm failing despite me putting in so much effort. I feel as though my teachers are beginning to think that I'm just too dumb and I've afraid they may tell me to stop taking chemistry.

Am I failing in exams due to me having a poor revision technique? (I learn notes using flashcards and sometimes I do some practice papers).
    Can you please give me some revision techniques for chemistry and any good revsion websites I can use (exam board is OCR).

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Personally just find the right checklist, look at all the skills needed, find the hardest past paper questions you can find on those checks, and learn how to do those. I find if I can do the harder questions, I find the mocks easy.

ReputationRep:
    Omds me too literally I've got I'd and e's in Chemistry eversince I started sixthform and everyone else is getting as and bs Idk wheter or not it's my revision technique the thing is I understand stuff in class but come exam time I know nothing finally someone I can relate to 😂😥.I wanna do Medicine as well so I'm gonna have to push through and hopefully get better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BV235)
    Omds me too literally I've got I'd and e's in Chemistry eversince I started sixthform and everyone else is getting as and bs Idk wheter or not it's my revision technique the thing is I understand stuff in class but come exam time I know nothing finally someone I can relate to 😂😥.I wanna do Medicine as well so I'm gonna have to push through and hopefully get better
    😂😂 I don't know whether to to laugh or cry seriously!!! I have an exam tomorrow hopefully I'll do well! I literally revise sooooo much but idk I'm so fed up I think my teachers are really mad st me tbh but they try their best not to show it!!!!
    What are your chemistry techniques and what school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisha999)
    Help! I am really struggling in chemistry. I do my revsion but once it comes to exams my brain doesn't seem to work and I end up with U grades. I'm doing AS and I've had 2 practice exams which I've been getting U grades! I work really hard too I go over all the notes I've made (using flash cards) but still.

Why is it that I'm failing despite me putting in so much effort. I feel as though my teachers are beginning to think that I'm just too dumb and I've afraid they may tell me to stop taking chemistry.

Am I failing in exams due to me having a poor revision technique? (I learn notes using flashcards and sometimes I do some practice papers).
    Can you please give me some revision techniques for chemistry and any good revsion websites I can use (exam board is OCR).

Thank you
    Hiya, I'd recommend Chemguide and this YouTube channel for videos explaining and going over topics, I found them useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisha999)
    😂😂 I don't know whether to to laugh or cry seriously!!! I have an exam tomorrow hopefully I'll do well! I literally revise sooooo much but idk I'm so fed up I think my teachers are really mad st me tbh but they try their best not to show it!!!!
    What are your chemistry techniques and what school?
    I mean thank God I don't have a chemistrt AS exam cos it's a full a level it's so annoying when everyone's doing well though especially those people that know you've failed yet they ask you in front of everyone what you got like can you not😒😭 Good luck tell me how you get on mines on Friday 🙃

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.