I'm 18 and here is a few things about me. I go to sixth form but I don't really have any friends. I have never had a girlfriend, neither have I ever been to a party or out with others.
I am quite lonely and depressed.
Turn on thread page Beta
Lonely and depressed watch
- Thread Starter
- 13-01-2017 08:09
- Community Assistant
- 13-01-2017 13:24
Talk to your local GP about how you feel and they may refer you to a psychiatrist with your depression.
I cliche as this sound, you are only 18, a very young person.
Develop your confidence in the meanwhile, what are you good at? What makes you proud? Hit the gym, do things that make you happy, take up your hobbies, be more positive, believe in yourself.
If you want a girlfriend, approach women, focus on having a conversation and there are other avenues for meeting women such as speed dating, joining clubs, socialising with people in general.
What are you studying at college?
Volunteer, look at your local library and see what activities, events are on, join meet up groups, join clubs out of interest and this way you could meet people.
To help you in general with meeting people:
1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller lol.
2) Smile, smiling in contagious.
3) Be confident, respect yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy.
4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.
5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?
6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about the weather etc.
7) Be passionate about life.
8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, interested, relaxed, open to people.
If you ever want to have a chat, need to talk, feel free to PM me .Last edited by Analyst89; 13-01-2017 at 13:32.