The Student Room Group

Be honest. What do u fink u got in AS Level Biology and Chemistry!!!!!!!

Hi, im new to all this forum business so forgive the lack of smiley character things. Im seriously wetting myself about the results. Ive taken AS Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History and i fink im borderline for every single one. My two favourite subjects (Chemistry and History) i reckon am borderline A or B but i reckon they will be B's coz the karma just aint good and im a pessamist. Wiv Maths i reckon im borderline B or C and Biology i reckon im borderline B or C but more likely to be a B. Please tell me your predictions, stories, hopes and fears etc coz i just cant sleep. August 19th will be the day that i die!!!!!!!!! Please tell me your prediction especially if they r for AS Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths or History. Cheers!!

Scroll to see replies

Dr Ed
Please tell me your predictions, stories, hopes and fears etc coz i just cant sleep. August 19th will be the day that i die!!!!!!!!! Please tell me your prediction especially if they r for AS Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths or History. Cheers!!

Hello, welcome to the forum, and all of the best with your results! :smile:

For AS Level I'm predicted AAAAA in Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Computing, General Studies. I felt that my exams went quite well overall and that I gave a decent account of myself generally; I didn't have any sleepless nights over any exams, I think they ranged from alright to brilliant; in my opinion the papers themselves were fair.

I hope to get the 5 A's I predicted, but I'm aware that nothing is certain by all means, and that I'd be ecstatic if I got the grades.

I'm not stressing out really about the results, I haven't really thought much about them - I presume I'd be nervous the day before, and on the day of the results!

My fear: Doing worse than what I'm predicted by more than 1 grade, although I do realise that these wouldn't be bad grades. :redface:
Reply 2
Dr Ed
Hi, im new to all this forum business so forgive the lack of smiley character things. Im seriously wetting myself about the results. Ive taken AS Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History and i fink im borderline for every single one. My two favourite subjects (Chemistry and History) i reckon am borderline A or B but i reckon they will be B's coz the karma just aint good and im a pessamist. Wiv Maths i reckon im borderline B or C and Biology i reckon im borderline B or C but more likely to be a B. Please tell me your predictions, stories, hopes and fears etc coz i just cant sleep. August 19th will be the day that i die!!!!!!!!! Please tell me your prediction especially if they r for AS Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths or History. Cheers!!

calm down mate, im hoping to get into uni and am E/U borderline
Reply 3
I don't do chem, only bio. I was predicted an A, think I might just have scraped it. If not, I'm fairly confident I got at least a low B in it.
Reply 4
The reason for the fear is because i have really high expectations. Fair do's if ur on an E/U borderline and want to get into uni. And its also fair if ur predicted AAAAA or whatever it was. But i know that i will possibly get AABB but on the other hand i can get BBBC at worst. The fear is due to the possibility of gettting the BBBC. Its my life's dream to become a doctor and im not the cleverest guy in the world but i try my best and fear is definitely gonna b present in myself until i get inot uni.
Dr Ed
The reason for the fear is because i have really high expectations. Fair do's if ur on an E/U borderline and want to get into uni. And its also fair if ur predicted AAAAA or whatever it was. But i know that i will possibly get AABB but on the other hand i can get BBBC at worst. The fear is due to the possibility of gettting the BBBC. Its my life's dream to become a doctor and im not the cleverest guy in the world but i try my best and fear is definitely gonna b present in myself until i get inot uni.

Well that's admirable that you've tried really hard; as long as you try your best, then you have nothing to be ashamed about whatever the results. :smile:
Reply 6
Invisible
Well that's admirable that you've tried really hard; as long as you try your best, then you have nothing to be ashamed about whatever the results. :smile:

*Feels ashamed she didn't try harder and needs a hug*
Reply 7
Ellie4
I don't do chem, only bio. I was predicted an A, think I might just have scraped it. If not, I'm fairly confident I got at least a low B in it.

I envy ur intelligence. Tell me bout this wall theorem of urs. Sounds interesting, im a bit drunk right now so keep it understandable and is that pic in ur profile u?
Reply 8
[QUOTE="Ellie4"]*Feels ashamed she didn't try harder and needs a hug*[/QUOTE
The hug is all urs
Reply 9
Dr Ed
I envy ur intelligence. Tell me bout this wall theorem of urs. Sounds interesting, im a bit drunk right now so keep it understandable and is that pic in ur profile u?

If you want to know about the theorem, you'll have to ask Geoff (gzftan) :biggrin: And yep it is me :smile:
Ellie4

*hugs* :smile:

Well, obviously i can't say how hard you tried because I don't know, but I suppose on reflection it is easy for anyone to say "well, it wasn't impossible for me to do a bit more revision, was it? Or to have revised this section a bit more?" I guess the phrase "if you tried your hardest, you have nothing to be ashamed of" interprets to real life as "if you tried really hard and didn't let yourself down, then hats off to you."

All I can say is good luck. I have little power!
Dr Ed
is that pic in ur profile u?

She isn't half bad, ehh? :wink:
Reply 12
Invisible
*hugs* :smile:

Well, obviously i can't say how hard you tried because I don't know, but I suppose on reflection it is easy for anyone to say "well, it wasn't impossible for me to do a bit more revision, was it? Or to have revised this section a bit more?" I guess the phrase "if you tried your hardest, you have nothing to be ashamed of" interprets to real life as "if you tried really hard and didn't let yourself down, then hats off to you."

All I can say is good luck. I have little power!

Hehe. Go and bribe my examiners! Or let me have your results :biggrin: And thanks for the huggsy sweetums :smile:
Ellie4

*hugs* I'm sure you did fine and there are always retakes if you haven't. It will all seem easier next year.

MB
Ellie4
Or let me have your results :biggrin:

If they're any good, you'll be the first person I share them with! :tongue:
Reply 15
*Feels better because of all the lovely people*
Reply 16
Invisible
She isn't half bad, ehh? :wink:

She's bloody gorgeous mate!!!!!!! And the intelligence is there, so im impressed. No to be honest mate i think i revised really hard for about 3 weeks b4 the exams which i fink is a reasonable amount of time. In maths there were definitely sections i shud have revised harder for but wiv Chemistry and Biology I was maybe too confident and didnt predict the crazy kind of questions like in Biology i was asked why is the homosexual population rising in the UK. Kind of throws u off course, if u know wot i mean.
So wot u gonna do wiv ur future?
Ellie4
*Feels better because of all the lovely people*

And by the way, I just wanted to add:

I know people have commented on your SATs results and then looked at your GCSE's and said that you peaked too early in comparison to others; people progress at different rates sometimes, and sometimes you may experience that you felt you did really well a few years back, didn't continue that improvement as much as you'd of liked to for GCSE's (you still got good grades though, don't put yourself down). But, I'm sure that if you continue to try quite hard and aim high, you'll progress fine and you'll get the results you're capable of; not that I'm saying you aren't now (I'm not in a position to judge) but incase that you felt you underachieved!

As for my Maths.

Year 6 - I got a Level 6
Year 9 - I got a Level 7

No smooth progression there I must say! :tongue:
Dr Ed
She's bloody gorgeous mate!!!!!!! And the intelligence is there, so im impressed.
So wot u gonna do wiv ur future?

hehe, looks like Ellie has yet another fan. :wink:

As for me, I hope to go on to do a Physics Degree (A Masters) at one of:
Oxford, Imperial College, Bath, Warwick, Bristol, York.
Reply 19
Invisible
And by the way, I just wanted to add:

I know people have commented on your SATs results and then looked at your GCSE's and said that you peaked too early in comparison to others; people progress at different rates sometimes, and sometimes you may experience that you felt you did really well a few years back, didn't continue that improvement as much as you'd of liked to for GCSE's (you still got good grades though, don't put yourself down). But, I'm sure that if you continue to try quite hard and aim high, you'll progress fine and you'll get the results you're capable of; not that I'm saying you aren't now (I'm not in a position to judge) but incase that you felt you underachieved!

As for my Maths.

Year 6 - I got a Level 6
Year 9 - I got a Level 7

No smooth progression there I must say! :tongue:

I think it was just that in year 9 I had far fewer distractions. For my GCSEs I did no revision, which was really stupid, and I wish I had have done. At the same time though, I went out with my mates, had a laugh, and think I reached a pretty good balance. In my mind, GCSEs are only a means to an end anyway, they allowed me to do my AS levels in the subjects I wanted to where I wanted to, and don't stop me applying to any university (even if they are only 'average' compared to other applicants). Fingers crossed to make my predictions though eh :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending