x Turn on thread page Beta

Be honest. What do u fink u got in AS Level Biology and Chemistry!!!!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I got 77/90 (January)
    well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark123)
    OCR is hard for Biology but IMHO, OCR Chemistry is one of the easiest.
    Really? My friend, who is by no means thick, got Ds in both her chem and bio foundation exams. :/

ReputationRep:
    Before I chose chemistry, quite a lot of people who did their a-levels a few yrs ago warned that chemistry is the hardest science.

ReputationRep:
    so are you not continuing with A2 Biology?

ReputationRep:
    I did OCR biology AS last year and got

2801: 80/90
    2802: 78/90
    2803: 86/120 <------ I had to declare my UMS marks on my College application for Cambridge. I applied for medicine so was really worried about that mark.

that was 244/300 (JUST an A)

I then retook 2803 and got 115/120, and did 2804 in Jan and got 89/90 (THAT was bloody lucky!) I did 2805/5 (Mam.Phys) and 2806 this June. Mam.Phys was extremely tough but very interesting and really useful due to my choice of uni course.

Chemistry was easily my best subject (Edexcel). I needed something like 20% in my June modules to get an A .

Just need to get AAA in 12 days and im off to Cambridge. I'm really bricking it!

Good luck everybody!!!

ReputationRep:
    so are you not continuing with A2 Biology?
    I doubt it because:
    1. I hate the teachers, they're rubbish and mean
    2. It looks SO SO SO SO SO hard
    3. I'd probably get a C or something, whereas if i do English i could get an A and As are always better than Cs!

ReputationRep:
    Before I chose chemistry, quite a lot of people who did their a-levels a few yrs ago warned that chemistry is the hardest science.
    Well thats subjective depending on your strengths. For me, physics is the hardest, and i quite enjoyed maths. Saying that, for my A levels first time round i got:

Sociology: B
    Chemistry: E
    Biology: E
    English Lit (AS): C

Now compared to lots of other people on this here board they're pretty crap. But i was in hospital during sixth form and so i'm proud of myself for even passing them. I've spent the last year doing my Bio/Chem again from scratch with different exam boards at a different college, and i have 2 offers for medicine, but i ended up in hospital during exam period this year so i'll probably miss my offers again!

Whatever you get in your exams be proud of them. Don't let anyone take away from them be it E's or A's.

Good Luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    I did OCR biology AS last year and got

2801: 80/90
    2802: 78/90
    2803: 86/120 <------ I had to declare my UMS marks on my College application for Cambridge. I applied for medicine so was really worried about that mark.

that was 244/300 (JUST an A)

I then retook 2803 and got 115/120, and did 2804 in Jan and got 89/90 (THAT was bloody lucky!) I did 2805/5 (Mam.Phys) and 2806 this June. Mam.Phys was extremely tough but very interesting and really useful due to my choice of uni course.

Chemistry was easily my best subject (Edexcel). I needed something like 20% in my June modules to get an A .

Just need to get AAA in 12 days and im off to Cambridge. I'm really bricking it!

Good luck everybody!!!
    yeh I did 2804 CC in January and got 90/90 but that was by far the hardest Central concepts paper.

This June. I've screwed up the unifying conceps paper and the genetics option module I did went quite well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)

Whatever you get in your exams be proud of them. Don't let anyone take away from them be it E's or A's.

Good Luck everyone
    Good luck to you too! You sound like you really deserve to get the grades you want. *Sends happy vibes to everyone*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Good luck to you too! You sound like you really deserve to get the grades you want. *Sends happy vibes to everyone*
    Thanks my dear, all the best to you too. I have to admit i could do with a break! This is my forth year of waiting for results.

2001: GCSE Results
    2002: AS Results
    2003: A2 Results
    2004: AS/A2 Retake Results

Arrrrrgh!

ReputationRep:
    yeh Good luck everybody, hard works pays off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ed)
    Hi, im new to all this forum business so forgive the lack of smiley character things. Im seriously wetting myself about the results. Ive taken AS Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History and i fink im borderline for every single one. My two favourite subjects (Chemistry and History) i reckon am borderline A or B but i reckon they will be B's coz the karma just aint good and im a pessamist. Wiv Maths i reckon im borderline B or C and Biology i reckon im borderline B or C but more likely to be a B. Please tell me your predictions, stories, hopes and fears etc coz i just cant sleep. August 19th will be the day that i die!!!!!!!!! Please tell me your prediction especially if they r for AS Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths or History. Cheers!!
    feel the same way...studying maths psychology biology and chem...all i can do now is pray!
    yikes!

ReputationRep:
    June 2003: Biology: AS

2801: 72/90
    2802: 72/90
    2803/A: 65/120

209/300 (1 mark off a B ) But in January I went from a C to an A

Jan 2004 2803/A retake: 110/120

Overall UMS: 254/300.

Although I wish I hadn't taken Biology into A2, I feel like I did so badly because OCR set evil questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    June 2003: Biology: AS

2801: 72/90
    2802: 72/90
    2803/A: 65/120

209/300 (1 mark off a B ) But in January I went from a C to an A

Jan 2004 2803/A retake: 110/120

Overall UMS: 254/300.

Although I wish I hadn't taken Biology into A2, I feel like I did so badly because OCR set evil questions
    you got there in the end!

how did you find the unifying concepts paper? and what option module did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Well thats subjective depending on your strengths. For me, physics is the hardest, and i quite enjoyed maths. Saying that, for my A levels first time round i got:

Sociology: B
    Chemistry: E
    Biology: E
    English Lit (AS): C

Now compared to lots of other people on this here board they're pretty crap. But i was in hospital during sixth form and so i'm proud of myself for even passing them. I've spent the last year doing my Bio/Chem again from scratch with different exam boards at a different college, and i have 2 offers for medicine, but i ended up in hospital during exam period this year so i'll probably miss my offers again!

Good Luck everyone
    You, are a bloody hero.

Seriously, I can't think of anyone who deserves to succeed more than you, not even me - who revised an insane amount!

I really hope you get what you need. Best wishes for the 19th Sarky!

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry AS (OCR Salters - sick freak board!)

Got 74/90 in Jan for Elements of life/developing fuels. - 25%
    Got 43/45 for practical coursework - 14%
    For my open book, I reckon I got B, A if lucky, despite tireless efforts!! mid b would give 11%
    For last exam, might get a B, I really hope so, as its 40%!!! like I said scraping a b gives 28%

So luck depending ill get about...

78%

Oh God, that hurts need an A so i can apply to cambridge for Natsci.

Physics AS (Salters Horners)

Coursework was 59/60 - 33%
    PSA1 - Not a nice paper, reckon I got low B, scraped it... - 23%
    PSA 2 - Bit better than first one, but not an A. Mid B for arguments sake... - 25%

So I should in theory get about...

81%

That would be superb... but I am not one with lady luck, so ill continue to expect the worst...

I dont do biology, but I hope everyone who does sciences does well, including me meh...

Good luck all.

ReputationRep:
    took A level chem (AS/A2) in one year .... will get a B i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Chemistry AS (OCR Salters - sick freak board!)
    Lol! I do that board too
    But i got 68/90 for Jan EL & DF
    Practical coursework i got 36/45
    Open book probs about a low B if i'm lucky
    So i'm not doing too well!
    I think i got a C for the last exam, although it needs to be a B!
    B is needed overall. grr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    You, are a bloody hero.

Seriously, I can't think of anyone who deserves to succeed more than you, not even me - who revised an insane amount!

I really hope you get what you need. Best wishes for the 19th Sarky!

Gosh that was very nice of you RobbieC! I've been called a lot of things in my time but never a hero!

Anyone who has to do Salters (i did that first time round and it drove me crazy) deserves a medal .

Thanks for making me smile RobbieC

ReputationRep:
    you got there in the end!

how did you find the unifying concepts paper? and what option module did you do?
    I got an A (86/90) on Central Concepts in January but unifying concepts was horrible so I really don't want to talk about it My option module was mammalian physiology which I found relatively easy so fingers crossed. I'm not too worried as Biology is the only subject which I'm allowed to fail.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.