Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Ed)
    Please tell me your prediction especially if they r for AS Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths or History. Cheers!!
    Hey, i did history and Chemistry at A-Level too...They used to be my best subjects for a long time but um... not anymore!! LOL...

No seriously tho, it's my fault... went through a bit of a rough patch during 6th form which meant I got distracted and didn't work as hard as I should have done so I found it really irritating and hard. Oh well, c'est la vie, eh?

Hm... what I think I got.... Shocking results. (for these subjects anyway) lol.

For chemistry... I should in theory get at least a B but I fouled up my exams somewhat (I hated organic chem and didn't actually bother to revise for half my resits cos of my rough patch) but I'd be content with just a C. lol... my module gardes are so funny(!) They went from good A at foundation and declined from there!

For history... ah... don't go there(!) I messed up my AS so bad so no amount of difference at A2 would make much impact. Nevertheless, would be okay with a C but that's not looking too likely(!) I was predicted A/B!!!! *looks sad*

I don't do maths or biology but my friends who did bio said the A2 bio exams this summer were "murder" if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I doubt it because:
    1. I hate the teachers, they're rubbish and mean
    2. It looks SO SO SO SO SO hard
    3. I'd probably get a C or something, whereas if i do English i could get an A and As are always better than Cs!
    well you only missed an A by a few marks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark123)
    well you only missed an A by a few marks!!
    Yeah i know, but still:

1. I hate the teachers, they're rubbish and mean
    2. A2 looks SO SO SO SO SO hard

So BYE BYE BIOLOGY

ReputationRep:
    honestly A2 is not too hard. Even the synoptic where I thought I had screwed up, I got 114/120 and the option module 77/90

ReputationRep:
    i did bad with my AS levels!i wna do pharmacy but with only D's for bio and chem il naver make it im so dissapointed!i dunno wot to do!!if things go bad nxt yr too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark123)
    honestly A2 is not too hard. Even the synoptic where I thought I had screwed up, I got 114/120 and the option module 77/90
    Cool, that's really good! How would you say A2 compares to AS? I found AS difficult because i'm not a natural scientist and one of my teachers was off ill for half the year, hence we CRAMMED HH&D into a few measly lessons.
    I'm thinking of carrying on biology now, despite what i said a few days ago! But i'm not sure (see here)!

ReputationRep:
    A2 is harder than AS however some of my friends did better in A2 than AS! It's easy to self teach yourself.

I would carry on with all four subjects as universities are more likely to give you an offer based on three grades. It might be say AAB with an A in geography and two other subjects, in which case you have biology as an insurance if you do badly in the other subjects.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.