Writing about your ART in GCSEWatch
Need to write about the painting and drawing, but what needs to be said?
Do we need to explain the reason we drew the particular picture?
Example: You're looking at your oil painting of a forest
Are you meant to write:
1. The painting is made with the medium of oil
2. The painting shows a forest to symbolise the enviroment or nature
3. The right hand side of the bushes have been painted a lighter shade of green because the leaves are reflecting sunlight
4. The bush has been painted dark green in the centre because there is a large volume of leaves in the middle of the bush compared to the edges
5. The grass blades have been painted with upward strokes so that the paint is thinner at the top of the grass blade
6. The water in the pond has horizontal strokes to make the effect of ripples and give the pond the illusion of horizontal width
etc ..... waffle waffle
WHAT I'M TRYING TO SAY IS : do we point out to the examiner exactly what we're doing and thinking in the painting JUST IN CASE they can't see it instantly?
So which one of the six points above are important? I've been told just point 1. needs to be said. But I think all six points are important. Please advise
So just points 1. and 2. show above?
Just thought if the drawing is not obviously good, the examiner can see a reason why brush stokes etc are are way they are by a good write up