Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If I told you this about my dad what would you think about him? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am 16 and my dad is 66. My brother is 15.
    My dad is a lovely, caring and kind person.

Even though my dad had me and my sibling at a very old age, we love him lots.

I know all of your parents are in their 40's probably, but what would you think of my dad?

(Original post by goodythreeshoes)

I know all of your parents are in their 40's probably, but what would you think of my dad?
    Mines the same age but Im older than you. I would think that your mum is a lot younger than him say about 10 years. Although mens fertility wanes with age (they like women are most fertile in their early twenties), they can produce sperm until sn old age (though theres higher risks of problems). I wouldnt think anything bad of your dad i dont think he's selfish at all it was (likely) his decision to be a father that late snd you said he's caring so all sounds good.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with that

There's nothing wrong with age .. I wish my dad was caring my dads 52 and he acts like he doesn't even have children to care for, honestly my point is as long as he is showing the qualities a dad should provide its all good

ReputationRep:
    To be blunt, no one gives a s*** about anyone's parent's age

ReputationRep:
    Oh well thank you, that's really nice to hear. Also, it's important to remember that your dad loves you xx

ReputationRep:

Not old, especially for men. My dad is 59 and he has a 2yr old child

ReputationRep:
    Oh well thank you, that's really nice to hear. Also, it's important to remember that your dad loves you xx
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    My both parents soon will be 68 :teehee: I'm not even 30 yet When my mum came with me to a parents' meeting at school, everyone thought I brought my grandmother :rofl:

ReputationRep:

I would say that he loves you very much based on his kids high opinion of him. At least he is present in his kids lives.

ReputationRep:
    My dad is a similar age to yours. It's no big deal.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anything wrong with that!
    It's not really anybody's busness about when your parents chose to have kids or if they have an age gap.
    My aunt is late 30s... my uncle (by marriage) is late 50s. They love eachother very much, and are both good people, which is all that matters... My aunt has an adult daughter at Uni (as she was pregnant at 19) but also has a 5 year old son with her husband (so he'll be in his 60s when my cousin is 7-17) She has raised (is raising) both children very well despite being at opposite extremes of parent age for each. Does that matter? No.
    So long as your parents take care of you, it really doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to have a wholesome thread every once in awhile.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.