Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else film videos like vlogs with no intention of uploading? Or am I weird watch

I've just realised one of my biggest secrets and weirdest things that I do is film myself pretty much every day talking to my webcam.
    Not even talking out loud cos people will hear, more like whispering? Like chatty vlog videos, hauls, tutorials, reviews. Been watching youtube for about 10 years and basically always liked the idea of having a channel but never made one (and no intention of making one).

But yeah I've realised it's ****ing weird and something I've done almost every day (and multiple times a day) and for the last like 9 years on various phones and webcams and then don't even watch back, I just delete almost immediately.

Wondering if anyone else does this or am I just a complete freak? Probs the latter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've just realised one of my biggest secrets and weirdest things that I do is film myself pretty much every day talking to my webcam.
    Not even talking out loud cos people will hear, more like whispering? Like chatty vlog videos, hauls, tutorials, reviews. Been watching youtube for about 10 years and basically always liked the idea of having a channel but never made one (and no intention of making one).

But yeah I've realised it's ****ing weird and something I've done almost every day (and multiple times a day) and for the last like 9 years on various phones and webcams and then don't even watch back, I just delete almost immediately.

Wondering if anyone else does this or am I just a complete freak? Probs the latter.
    My younger sister does this. But she does like to watch them back and add cool effects :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=KaylaB;69548960]My younger sister does this. But she does like to watch them back and add cool effects :laugh:[/QUOTE)

Tbh that's cool

I've actually wanted to vlog lately and thought about doing this with the option to then upload them if I decide to.
    I don't think it's weird I talk to myself, like a LOT, but I don't know I'm doing it. This is more just a conscious way of talking to yourself.
    You should consider uploading some videos!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I did about 2 years ago. Considered uploading them but the videos were dead

ReputationRep:
    My ex gf did that kind of, but she always looks back at them to see how she's changed.

ReputationRep:
    I use to do that all the time.

haha i sometimes do a 'whats in my bag' thing when i'm alone in my room whilst clearing out my bag. i don't record it and no one is there, i just sit there talking about whats in my bag as if i think there is a camera in front of me

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I did about 2 years ago. Considered uploading them but the videos were dead
    let's see

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's that weird, kind of reminds me of when I cook and pretend I'm presenting my own cooking show.

ReputationRep:
    yeah that's weird fella

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing this for years... like sometimes I just get an urge to use my camera to film random stuff and talk about random stuff... it's much like those scenes from The Office where they talk to the camera 😂 some are quite funny, some are interesting and some are sad... I don't intend to share them but sometimes you think of something funny or feel a certain way and it's like if you don't capture that moment it's gone forever. Maybe my kids will get their hands on it one day lol. I don't do it all the time but once in awhile.

I usually record myself opening new stuff because sometimes you forget the magic of opening up a new iPhone/iPad/mac/PS4. It's also a great way to procrastinate and be creative. Sounds stupid but it's fun, it would be stupid if you did it all the time tho lol it's also good practice for public speaking because you can watch it back and notice how to come across better. Maybe you're being too sharp, pausing for too long, talking too fast, etc.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    let's see
    Some mad banter you've got there

ReputationRep:
    Some mad banter you've got there
    upload it and send me the link i will like and subscribe

ReputationRep:
    Don't think it's weird at all. It's basically a diary, just recorded in a different way. Do what makes you happy
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    upload it and send me the link i will like and subscribe
    If you insist
    https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

ReputationRep:
    If you insist
    https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ
    knew it was gonna be a troll lawl

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.