Turn on thread page Beta

What should i write watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hiya

BASICALLY I'm typing an email individually to doctors and staff who work at a hospital to enquire about the possibility of shadowing them. What should I include? I added an introduction of myself, my a levels, why I like those a levels, why I want to study medicine...

Is that too much? Should I remove anything? Should I add anything? These doctors don't know me at all and I know for sure they would be incredibly busy so I would like to give them a good impression.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Personality! A massive factor is simply being a likeable person.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of advice here on Applying for Medicine - including Work Experience - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JooW)
    Personality! A massive factor is simply being a likeable person.
    Soooo how do I incorporate that into my email? My hobbies and interests? Volunteering etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Tell them how you make a mean cup of tea!
    I've never made tea in my life LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    I've never made tea in my life LOL
    Yikes, don't let the doctors read that. Although you might be able to get in with a dentist since they don't drink teeth staining drinks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Yikes, don't let the doctors read that. Although you might be able to get in with a dentist since they don't drink teeth staining drinks
    I can bake cake instead lol if they want me to bake for them to get on the good side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geniequeen48)
    Soooo how do I incorporate that into my email? My hobbies and interests? Volunteering etc?
    Yeah! But don't just list them all as such; try and connect your hobbies and interests with medicine and why your hobbies and interests would allow you to work well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 13, 2017

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.