Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What subjects did you choose at GCSE / A Levels? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to know what GCSE & A Level's did you choose to take and why?

Also did anything influence you to make that decision or choice?

Interested to know!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FMJC)
    Hey everyone,

Just wanted to know what GCSE & A Level's did you choose to take and why?

Also did anything influence you to make that decision or choice?

Interested to know!
    In addition to my school's compulsory GCSE subjects (Maths, English Lang, English Lit, RE, Biology, Chemistry and Physics), I took Geography, ICT and German as my 3 options. I picked geography because it was my favourite subject, and German because we were encouraged to take a language, and I didn't really enjoy French (the other language option). I also took ICT because I didn't like the look of any of the other subject options

At A Level I took Geography (because I'd enjoyed it at GCSE), Geology (because I thought the course looked really interesting), Environmental Science (because it tied in with the other subjects), and ICT (because I'd found it easy at GCSE and didn't like any of the other subjects on offer). Geology ended up being my favourite subject, and now I am doing it as a degree
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    GCSE:
    Maths
    English Language
    English Literature
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Physics
    Religious Studies
    Geography
    Design and Technology
    Art

AS level:
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Psychology

these three because i really want to do neuroscience at uni or something along the lines of it, plus i've always liked science

ReputationRep:
    GCSE:
    Eng Lang
    Eng Lit
    Maths
    RE
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Art
    French but then I was forced to drop it
    and erm...<cough> CiDA <cough>

I chose seperate science cause I find science interesting and intrested in pursuing a career in it, Art I originally thought was gonna be fun but now I'm considering pouring bleach on my sketchbook as my coursework is non-existent, RE my school is forcing me to do, CiDA I was also forced into doing when I originally picked Computer Scoence, as for French everyone had to drop one subject and because I was like on Ds in French I chose to drop it.

AS Level:
    Coming soon..

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: Maths, triple science, double english, geography, history, economics, german, RS

I chose them because they were strong subjects with depth imo. I didnt choose RS though

AS level: Maths f maths physics economics

Hoping to do an economics degree or something with more maths

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.