Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice required on boyfriend liking other girls profile pictures on Facebook. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a fairly new boyfriend who over the last couple of days has been liking multiple profile pictures of other girls even non up to date posts. One or two up to date pictures I wouldn't think twice about. But it's reaccuring, almost like he's trying to get their attention. Then today he "loved" his ex girlfriends profile picture. I don't feel jealous in the slightest but I am at a point where I think he should be showing his commitment to me. But I feel I can't trust him. He's active on FB a lot of the time, I
    don't know what he's up to and fear he's messaging other girls. Am I being paranoid or should I talk to him about this and tell him my feelings?

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely talk to him about how you feel about it, otherwise it'll only just progress. This isn't like he goes on facebook and it's on his feed. He's searching for it and showing other girls many attention. I believe it's wrong what he's doing.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Cecelia Tallice)
    I have a fairly new boyfriend who over the last couple of days has been liking multiple profile pictures of other girls even non up to date posts. One or two up to date pictures I wouldn't think twice about. But it's reaccuring, almost like he's trying to get their attention. Then today he "loved" his ex girlfriends profile picture. I don't feel jealous in the slightest but I am at a point where I think he should be showing his commitment to me. But I feel I can't trust him. He's active on FB a lot of the time, I
    don't know what he's up to and fear he's messaging other girls. Am I being paranoid or should I talk to him about this and tell him my feelings?
    The idea is you should trust him, but as his behaviour is offputting, then have a word. Let him know you find it irritating and hat you are meant to be his gf. he probably wouldnt like it if you were doing the same.

Imo even if you had the talk he sounds a bit immature and he wont change. Let him know how it makes you feel and then see if he stops. Id he doesnt, then just dump him an just tell him you dont think the two of you are compatible and no hard feelings. If he's like this now its either ot no chance of lasting or thing what hassle you will be dealing with in future. Not good.

ReputationRep:
    pls does liking someone's picture on facebook mean you like them. It's just being friendly... people put up pictures on facebook for them to be liked -stop creating unnecessary social rules jeez. Facebook is not just for chatting, someone could just be there to scroll through etc...This behaviour is only concerning if a girl is doing it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by sharypo)
    This behaviour is only concerning if a girl is doing it.
    eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharypo)
    pls does liking someone's picture on facebook mean you like them. It's just being friendly... people put up pictures on facebook for them to be liked -stop creating unnecessary social rules jeez. Facebook is not just for chatting, someone could just be there to scroll through etc...This behaviour is only concerning if a girl is doing it.
    No,I'm not suggesting that just liking someone's picture on Facebook means he thinks of them in that way. I could understand if they were just friendly likes. But liking old posts from months ago, suggests he's clearly looking through people's photos. This makes me think it's something more. Like he's doing it for a reason as if he's asserting himself.I just felt that "loving" his ex girlfriends profile picture was somewhat un necessary. To assume that this is only an issue if it's done by girls is rather sexist! Why should it make any difference what sex is doing it? Guys can be equally as untrustworthy as girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cecelia Tallice)
    No,I'm not suggesting that just liking someone's picture on Facebook means he thinks of them in that way. I could understand if they were just friendly likes. But liking old posts from months ago, suggests he's clearly looking through people's photos. This makes me think it's something more. Like he's doing it for a reason as if he's asserting himself.I just felt that "loving" his ex girlfriends profile picture was somewhat un necessary. To assume that this is only an issue if it's done by girls is rather sexist! Why should it make any difference what sex is doing it? Guys can be equally as untrustworthy as girls.
    Facebook is just Facebook. We all look through other people's photos sometimes when we're bored, not kiss them. You're worrying yourself over nothing; do you not think if he was cheating (or planning to cheat on you), that he's do in a less obvious, more secretive way than something you can clearly see whenever you like on the internet (that he knows you can see)? You're creating drama, stop.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.