Should I keep waiting for my last uni decision?

Watch
mynameispearl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone! I applied to five universities through UCAS way back in October. Four of them have decided:

UCL - offer
Manchester - offer
Edinburgh - offer
and finally... Oxford - rejection (haha)

I am still waiting for Bristol to decide, THEY ARE TAKING AGES. Since I am already confident that I'll choose UCL as my firm and Manchester as my insurance, is there any point in waiting for Bristol to make up their mind?

In case it's relevant, I applied for Maths.

Thanks
Len Goodman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Edinburgh and Bristol are better for maths than Manchester, I'd hold out for Bristol and then rethink your insurance choice.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mynameispearl)
Hi everyone! I applied to five universities through UCAS way back in October. Four of them have decided:

UCL - offer
Manchester - offer
Edinburgh - offer
and finally... Oxford - rejection (haha)

I am still waiting for Bristol to decide, THEY ARE TAKING AGES. Since I am already confident that I'll choose UCL as my firm and Manchester as my insurance, is there any point in waiting for Bristol to make up their mind?

In case it's relevant, I applied for Maths.

Thanks
There's no benefit to firming earlier than April. You just lose the flexibility to change your mind easily if your circumstances change over the next three months.

Relax, focus on your studies and make your firm and insurance official on Track in April. If Bristol still haven't decided by then you can withdraw but there's nothing to gain from doing that now.
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As above - wait.

This isnt a race ('First one to choose their Firm is the winner'). You dont have to make a decision for months about a Firm and Insurance and your ideas about which to pick will probably change in this time. Unpicking a hasty decision is usually impossible so it definitely pays to wait. Bristol will make a decision, and it could be this week ...
Michiyo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Bristol is known to take AGES to respond. The same goes for Exeter (a person who applied on 29th September only got their offer like 2-3 days ago, if that helps). Wait a bit.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you have made your mind up I think you should not wait
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
If you have made your mind up I think you should not wait
What benefit would that give?

You can make up your mind without making a decision official on Track and keep the flexibility to change your mind if things change over the next 1/4 year.

Once it's official on Track changing your mind is complicated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.58%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (799)
42.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (376)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (85)
4.48%

Watched Threads