Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ection-brexit/

Telegraph runs poll "Who would you rather work for? 1. The V&A 2. Corbyn's Labour" It's currently not that close.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could say that this was a surprise but there will more before the year is over. I think Labour has a tricky battle against UKIP here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    I wish I could say that this was a surprise but there will more before the year is over. I think Labour has a tricky battle against UKIP here.
    UKIP will win it - Paul Nuttall will stand I think.

ReputationRep:
    "Mr Hunt's V&A appointment was signed off by Theresa May and the Culture Secretary Karen Bradley."

PM: Good work, Agent Hunt. Did anyone suspect?
    TH: Thank you, Ma'am. It wasn't easy being named Tristram, but I know a lot about Marx and Engels, so they let me be.
    PM: Any suggestions for candidate for your old seat?
    TH: I was thinking Katie Hopkins. She'll take every. Single. Vote.

ReputationRep:
    It is going to be a fascinating by election. Four way.

The Labour vote is up for grabs. They won't be making any voter gains and need to hold onto what votes they can.

Which leaves the Tories, UKIP and the Lib Dems.

The Lib Dems could well pick up Remain votes from both Labour and the Tories. But they are starting from a very low base. UKIP will pick up votes from Labour but could lose them to the Tories. Stoke isn't natural Tory territory but Leave voters will want to support this Brexit Gov't.

I think Labour could hold on with a vastly reduced majority, if only because the anti Labour vote is so split.

It shows you how bad things are for Labour though. Hunt is a bright guy and clearly realise he will never become a Minister so a proper job at the V and A is preferable to being in opposition for ever, listening to Labour's lefty nonsense which he personally despises.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.