Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I have just been offered a place at UofT for Studies in Mathematical and Physical Sciences

My offer states, "You have been admitted on the strength of your predicted results. The University reserves the right to withdraw this offer of admission if you do not maintain your current academic standing in each of your Advanced Level subjects, particularly in any of the courses required for your program of study."

My predicted grades for A-Level are A*A*A, does this mean I have to get those exact predicted grades? If not, by how many grades can I drop and still be admitted?

ReputationRep:
    how long did it take for the admissions officers to review your documents ? When did you apply ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AhnafR)
    Hi guys!

I have just been offered a place at UofT for Studies in Mathematical and Physical Sciences

My offer states, "You have been admitted on the strength of your predicted results. The University reserves the right to withdraw this offer of admission if you do not maintain your current academic standing in each of your Advanced Level subjects, particularly in any of the courses required for your program of study."

My predicted grades for A-Level are A*A*A, does this mean I have to get those exact predicted grades? If not, by how many grades can I drop and still be admitted?
    Hey! Congratulations on the offer!

I have also received an offer from UofT (for the faculty of Arts and Science) and I too got a similar response that was kind of ambiguous.

I went to an event in London a few weeks ago that talked about the uni, Toronto as a city and any queries that anyone had.

I asked, and I was told that basically as long as we don't fail, we still have the offer. Given that they have offered us places based on our predicted grades, they assume that we are academically able and will get those grades. So kind of unconditional in a sense, that is unless you flunk it.

Hope this was helpful! If you have any other questions please do ask me! The Toronto website has little information for international so I've kind of become an expert on the manner due to the number of questions I have asked
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by violetetta)

I have also received an offer from UofT (for the faculty of Arts and Science) and I too got a similar response that was kind of ambiguous.

I went to an event in London a few weeks ago that talked about the uni, Toronto as a city and any queries that anyone had.

I asked, and I was told that basically as long as we don't fail, we still have the offer. Given that they have offered us places based on our predicted grades, they assume that we are academically able and will get those grades. So kind of unconditional in a sense, that is unless you flunk it.

Hope this was helpful! If you have any other questions please do ask me! The Toronto website has little information for international so I've kind of become an expert on the manner due to the number of questions I have asked
    UoT admissions said the same thing to me :yy: if you meet their minimum requirement (which is pretty low in some cases) they will still let you matriculate. But of course, it's better if you get a score that is as close to your predicted as possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violetetta)

What were your predicted grades ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chillaxxerr)
    What were your predicted grades ?
    AAA in English, Biology and Psychology.

I applied to Life Sciences which usually requires calculus but I did not take Maths AS. I think due to my GCSE maths mark they allowed me in, and I will probably have to take a supplementary calculus class to make up for not studying it after GCSE's.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.