The Student Room Group

Bath or Birmingham?

I have a conditional with Bath, which I will likely be able to achieve and an unconditional at Birmingham (but only if its my firm choice) and I don't know which to choose.

They are different courses, the Birmingham one is broader, and they are equally good. I know Bath is more reputable, and it is closer to home (easier travel) but its very sporty (which I am not) and it is more expensive living wise and isn't great in terms of nightlife.

The course at Bath has better career prospects as it has an industrial placement year, but I'm 90% sure I will stay for further study, I love studying, so I'm not sure if this will make a large amount of difference.

If you have been to either, what are your opinions? Thank you
Reply 1
I'm in the same situation. :frown:

How do you know nightlife in Bath isn't great?

What course did you apply for?
Samish (Bath/Birmingham) :lol:
I love the look of Birmingham Uni
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't trust anyone who chooses to live in Birmingham. The streets are littered with the corpses of discarded dreams and broken hearts.
Reply 4
Original post by XOR_
Samish (Bath/Birmingham) :lol:
I love the look of Birmingham Uni

I love it, it gives me such a good vibe.
Original post by EC
I'm in the same situation. :frown:

How do you know nightlife in Bath isn't great?

What course did you apply for?

The reviews on Which University, and pharmacology at Bath and biomedical science at Birmingham :smile:
Original post by YselklaHosking
I know Bath is more reputable

That's very debatable in my opinion. Both universities are excellent; the difference between them is hardly worth crying over. Only people on TSR do it.

Original post by YselklaHosking
and it is closer to home (easier travel) but its very sporty (which I am not) and it is more expensive living wise and isn't great in terms of nightlife.

Birmingham is also very sporty (3rd in the country for sports, I think).

I go to Birmingham and I'm not sporty (I'm definitely an arty farty sort of person). However, I love it. There are going to be people you'll click with at any university, maybe even more so at Birmingham because of its enormous student population.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending