Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, how do you work on ur self esteem? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Not a girl (sorry) but one tip I've learned is to stay the f*** off Instagram

ReputationRep:
    I didnt have a quick fix really , time was the best healer for me! Moving out of your comfort zone and doing things you wouldn't normally do, also make up helps a bunnnnch :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Just dont think about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    True :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supernova91)
    I didnt have a quick fix really , time was the best healer for me! Moving out of your comfort zone and doing things you wouldn't normally do, also make up helps a bunnnnch :laugh:
    It's just a facade though.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I dont compare myself to Insta models :P Thanks

Thanks! Sorry are you talking about breakups tho? I just meant generally

ReputationRep:
    It's just a facade though.
    I know , it isn't the be all and end all ! It certainly doesn't fix all my problems but I enjoy wearing it.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I dye my hair, do my makeup and buy stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Clearly you have an extra chromosome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HollyGeordie)

Thanks! Sorry are you talking about breakups tho? I just meant generally
    No not breakups , in general yeah . Why is it your self esteem is low ? What has caused it . I'm perhaps looking at it from a different angle to you but even so I've been there at rock bottom so I know u can build yourself back up !

ReputationRep:
    Any tips?
    I just learned to love myself and eventually attracted the right group of friends. The ones who embrace your quirks. Also focusing on your own life's goals/ambitions helps as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Do you use normal dye or henna?

ReputationRep:
    Do you use normal dye or henna?

Normal dye I tried to use Henna once. It failed so badly. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    No not breakups , in general yeah . Why is it your self esteem is low ? What has caused it . I'm perhaps looking at it from a different angle to you but even so I've been there at rock bottom so I know u can build yourself back up !
    I'm introverted and the youngest person in my workplace, most of my friends where I live are older too. I feel like the odd one out

(Original post by Student9821)
    I just learned to love myself and eventually attracted the right group of friends. The ones who embrace your quirks. Also focusing on your own life's goals/ambitions helps as well.
    Thank you Cliche question but how did u learn to love yourself? x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I decide that I do not care about what others think. Idgaf.
    Woop there we go :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    I'm introverted and the youngest person in my workplace, most of my friends where I live are older too. I feel like the odd one out

Thank you Cliche question but how did u learn to love yourself? x
    Here is an example:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Personally, I decide that I do not care about what others think. Idgaf.
    Woop there we go :danceboy:
    But my mum told she used to be in my position. She told me she was into things that other girls wasn't when she was about my age. Even though she feign interest in fashion, make up and gossiping about boys with other girls. She loves reading books that would be considered 'boring' to most teenage girls. She felt happier indulging in that and doing maths problems for fun. Her hobbies made her happier and it helped to build confidence in general.

ReputationRep:
    How old are we talking ?

doesnt mean you can't make good bonds with them , theyre probably more sure of themselves than people of your own age x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student9821)
    Here is an example:

But my mum told she used to be in my position. She told me she was into things that other girls wasn't when she was about my age. Even though she feign interest in fashion, make up and gossiping about boys with other girls. She loves reading books that would be considered 'boring' to most teenage girls. She felt happier indulging in that and doing maths problems for fun. Her hobbies made her happier and it helped to build confidence in general.
    :yy: Sounds very like me -maths +chemistry :mmm:
    :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    Identify the cause(s) of your low self esteem (e.g. loneliness), and go from there and work on that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.