The Student Room Group

Obama-Biden bromance ends in tears

Barack Obama awarded Joe Biden the Presidential Medal of Freedom during a surprise event at the White House.

Biden was clearly overwhelmed with the award and the love and mutual respect these two have for each other is clear.

Here's the moment

[video="youtube;qF4TQmbpySQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF4TQmbpySQ[/video]

Oh god, I'm tearing up. Someone cutting onions in TSR headquarters?

I'll miss the stylish oration of Obama.

Although Trump's pantomime demagoguery has a certain comic value.
Reply 2
Do they have to go? :frown:

So sad that the White House won't be filled with such kindness, compassion and grace for at least another 4 years. Even if you don't like Obama and support Trump you could never use those 3 words to describe the next President.
(edited 7 years ago)
Americans will realise what Obama and Biden has done within the next 5 years or so... I predict he'll be rated the most fav president in 21st century.
Biden is deserving of the award. His reaction is one of a man who truly has put his everything into his position without a care for award. Really, really touching to see him crying.
Brought a tear to my eye.

Obama on his relationship with Biden: “We’ve gotten so close that in some places in Indiana, they won’t serve us pizza anymore"

:rofl: :mmm: :love:
Reply 6
Original post by ckfeister
Americans will realise what Obama and Biden has done within the next 5 years or so... I predict he'll be rated the most fav president in 21st century.

It's only just started, let's not be hasty
Honours for the boys.

Is no honour sacred anymore?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ckfeister

Thus far his competition isn't exactly stiff: a sex offender and a man who started decade long wars half way around the world.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Moura
Do they have to go? :frown:

So sad that the White House won't be filled with such kindness, compassion and grace for at least another 4 years. Even if you don't like Obama and support Trump you could never use those 3 words to describe the next President.

Yes I'm sure that on "Terror Tuesdays" when Obama reviewed his "kill list" he did so with kindness, compassion and grace.*

FFS.

You're either low information or divorced from reality.

* Killing Islamists is good, interrogating them first is better so Obama only got it half right.
Americans seem to love hyperbole and melodrama. Obama is either the greatest president or the worst president of all time, and everything is a journey of hope, struggle, liberty, greatness and of who we are as a nation, as a people, under God etc.

A degree of measure and restraint would not go amiss

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending