Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for social work and I just wanted to know the advantages and disadvantage of both uni of leeds and leeds beckett. im really scared of making the wrong decision as the modules for uni of leeds are perfect but leeds beckett feels like home and i like it alot...can anyone help or give guidance about either/or unis? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    Above all I would say that the course matters most. It's going to take up at least 3 years of your life so pick the right one for you. There's no up or downside to either. You'll get a degree either way and applicants from separate uni's are judged on their ability and personality, not the uni they went to. More important is the uni to choose based on your prospective A-levels (I assume you're in the middle of them now). I'd assume Leeds Uni will ask for higher grades - if these are unachievable then the choice is obviously leeds met or vice versa. - Danny (Leeds Uni).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HafsaKhawajaa)
    I have applied for social work and I just wanted to know the advantages and disadvantage of both uni of leeds and leeds beckett. im really scared of making the wrong decision as the modules for uni of leeds are perfect but leeds beckett feels like home and i like it alot...can anyone help or give guidance about either/or unis? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
    I would say look at the modules, the module structures and research areas of university. This should help you to see the wide range of modules available. University of Leeds is a Russell group university, with immense facilities for students and opportunities for students too. Look at the overall facilities both universities provide when making final judgement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HafsaKhawajaa)
    I go to beckett, my boyfriend goes to uni of and beckett is so much more relaxed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.