HafsaKhawajaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have applied for social work and I just wanted to know the advantages and disadvantage of both uni of leeds and leeds beckett. im really scared of making the wrong decision as the modules for uni of leeds are perfect but leeds beckett feels like home and i like it alot...can anyone help or give guidance about either/or unis? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
Danny24168
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Above all I would say that the course matters most. It's going to take up at least 3 years of your life so pick the right one for you. There's no up or downside to either. You'll get a degree either way and applicants from separate uni's are judged on their ability and personality, not the uni they went to. More important is the uni to choose based on your prospective A-levels (I assume you're in the middle of them now). I'd assume Leeds Uni will ask for higher grades - if these are unachievable then the choice is obviously leeds met or vice versa. - Danny (Leeds Uni).
username3088430
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HafsaKhawajaa)
I have applied for social work and I just wanted to know the advantages and disadvantage of both uni of leeds and leeds beckett. im really scared of making the wrong decision as the modules for uni of leeds are perfect but leeds beckett feels like home and i like it alot...can anyone help or give guidance about either/or unis? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
I would say look at the modules, the module structures and research areas of university. This should help you to see the wide range of modules available. University of Leeds is a Russell group university, with immense facilities for students and opportunities for students too. Look at the overall facilities both universities provide when making final judgement
amy146860x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HafsaKhawajaa)
I go to beckett, my boyfriend goes to uni of and beckett is so much more relaxed
Henry_K
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
how can you even compare those unis? ofc Leeds university is way higher. Leeds uni even belongs to Russell group and the amount of financial endowment is just uncomparable. they even have nobel prize winner alumni. according to 2020 complete uni guide, leeds is ranked as 14th while beckett or baguette is ranked as 121st are you kidding me? you cant go to worse uni than beckket
Last edited by Henry_K; 1 year ago
AK56789
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Henry_K)
how can you even compare those unis? ofc Leeds university is way higher. Leeds uni even belongs to Russell group and the amount of financial endowment is just uncomparable. they even have nobel prize winner alumni. according to 2020 complete uni guide, leeds is ranked as 14th while beckett or baguette is ranked as 121st are you kidding me? you cant go to worse uni than beckket
One question, why do you think Leeds Beckett is bad. What aspect.
chaotic1328
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Here is a strictly old-fashioned advice for whatever it might be worth, which was given to me by my lecturer during the early 1990s: If your first degree is not from at least a red-brick, make sure you remedy that in your postgrad degrees if you are doing one.

Uni of Leeds: Red-brick.
Leeds Beckett: Post-92 (ex-poly).

Whether that advice is still relevant today is more debatable, but I tend to follow it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.16%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.32%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.74%
I need help with my personal statement (79)
41.58%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (47)
24.74%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.58%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.89%

Watched Threads