Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, why would you call a man "intimidating"? Watch

ReputationRep:
    On several occasions now, when at a club, I've had girls tell me I'm intimidating but in "good way".

They say they're attracted to me, and we do eventually get off, but I've been wondering what that meant.

Not that it bothers me that much anyway.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If you get called intimidating, then it means that they probably find you intimidating.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I've never reallly called anyone that.

ReputationRep:
    Stand too close?
    Over bearing perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    Um, well if I was intimidated by a man it wouldn't be a good thing...

I have felt intimidated before but only because they were acting aggressively towards me.
    • Political Ambassador

I use it when the guy has a strong character, charisma and basically the whole package so he intimidates me.

ReputationRep:
    It's not exactly a good thing to be classed as intimidating. I find really tall guys intimidating for a number of reasons haha. Or if they put me on the spot asking questions or undermine my judgement. But I guess if they have said its a good thing and got off with you there's nothing to worry yourself about!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and I have been called intimidating on a number of occasions.. I guess it's the whole "I don't really care" attitude which makes you look confident(in my case much much more confident than I actually am).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I use it when the guy has a strong character, charisma and basically the whole package so he intimidates me.
    So it's a good thing then?

ReputationRep:
    I find anyone I fancy to be intimidating !!!!
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by CyclePath)
    So it's a good thing then?
    As you can see from the different answers in this thread, apparently everyone understands intimidating differently. Lol. Personally, I use it as a compliment, yes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.