Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi im new here,unfortunately will be going to imp in october if i get the grades.
    i applied for chemistry and management, but was just wandering if it is difficult to change course to do something like biochemistry instead (i didnt do biology a level tho)? because everyone i've spoken to lately have said 'why chemistry?!' and not many jobs to go into later etc..
    and the more i think about it, the more i regret choosing chemistry- just sounds like tooo much work involved, dont know a single person who will be doin chem either lol, guess no one wants to study it anymore. anyone here doing chem??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooey)
    hi im new here,unfortunately will be going to imp in october if i get the grades.
    i applied for chemistry and management, but was just wandering if it is difficult to change course to do something like biochemistry instead (i didnt do biology a level tho)? because everyone i've spoken to lately have said 'why chemistry?!' and not many jobs to go into later etc..
    and the more i think about it, the more i regret choosing chemistry- just sounds like tooo much work involved, dont know a single person who will be doin chem either lol, guess no one wants to study it anymore. anyone here doing chem??
    im not doing chem but im pretty sure they will have a full course entering in at imperial.. i think the offer was higher than the medicine offer, so im assuming there is a hhigher demand for places in chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    im not doing chem but im pretty sure they will have a full course entering in at imperial.. i think the offer was higher than the medicine offer, so im assuming there is a hhigher demand for places in chemistry.

r u sure? cus my offer to do chem with management is BBB which i thought was a low offer for imperial... im sure u need at least ABB/AAB to do medicine right? what course u doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial_baby)
    i think i read somewhere in the prospectus that u can change courses subject to availability n that (except for medicine)...

really?thats good cus i dont wanna do medicine. hmm guess i should wait til results day before i ask about changing course? dunno what to do lol. u at imperial now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooey)
    r u sure? cus my offer to do chem with management is BBB which i thought was a low offer for imperial... im sure u need at least ABB/AAB to do medicine right? what course u doing?
    yeah sorry, i got confused between "chem wit managment" and "chem engineering" which was more than the ABB offer for medicine (also waiting for results day)

ReputationRep:
    i'm up to do geology at IC but wanna change to materials..so i'm gonna try and change in the first few weeks ( i didn't do physics or maths A2 but i can do the work involved in it) or failing that do the first year and then change as i'll have a foundation year maths and physics then which should get me in....and i wanna be a permastudent

ReputationRep:
    Changing from Physics to Mathematics should be possible as well!?

ReputationRep:
    because i don't have maths and physics you have to do like a top up course which can be used if you want to change courses....kinda like an a level but not...so i'll get those cos i wont have them as a levels if that makes any sense at all

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.