Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding It hard to interprète questions to give the correct answer ans I need helps in my differentiating what answers to supply. As physics has a lot of almost conundrum like answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anfanny)
    I'm finding It hard to interprète questions to give the correct answer ans I need helps in my differentiating what answers to supply. As physics has a lot of almost conundrum like answers.
    Have you got any examples?

generally: read the whole question through and make sure you understand the setup the question is describing.

make sure you understand what the question is asking you for... what type of answer will be acceptable e.g. is it asking you to describe something or to provide a numerical answer (with units)

make sure you notice all the information the question is giving you - it's pretty unusual imo for there to be any 'red herring' type superfluous information given.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Have you got any examples?

generally: read the whole question through and make sure you understand the setup the question is describing.

make sure you understand what the question is asking you for... what type of answer will be acceptable e.g. is it asking you to describe something or to provide a numerical answer (with units)

make sure you notice all the information the question is giving you - it's pretty unusual imo for there to be any 'red herring' type superfluous information given.
    I'm just talking about i.e capacitance, capacitors And the farad has between It three définitions that are similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anfanny)
    I'm just talking about i.e capacitance, capacitors And the farad has between It three définitions that are similar.
    I find it most useful to think of the farad as C/V... The number of coulombs stored per Volt of PD across the capacitor.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.