Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

would you buy second hand clothes? Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Seemingly their guidelines allow bras but no underwear, i dont see why people would try selling it unless it was new with tag.
    Yep, I've just seen, all of the options are new only (new with tags, new without tags, new with defects) as per guidelines.

Probably wouldn't be comfortable about the idea of a used bra (though I wouldn't buy a bra anyway as I'm not female ).
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Yep, I've just seen, all of the options are new only (new with tags, new without tags, new with defects) as per guidelines.

Probably wouldn't be comfortable about the idea of a used bra (though I wouldn't buy a bra anyway as I'm not female ).
    No i dont think many women would, as it's likely they wont be in perfect condition and the wiring could be damaged but then some bras can be extorniate especially for the less common sizes:P
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Yeah underwear is where I draw the line, I d normally resort to primark for it but they don't always have my bra size which is frustrating.
    Yeah, I just can't imagine wearing underwear that someone else has already worn around. I know the feeling! I have to get all mine at M&S. Pain in the backside for sure
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Yeah, I just can't imagine wearing underwear that someone else has already worn around. I know the feeling! I have to get all mine at M&S. Pain in the backside for sure
    I've ended up resorting to getting them for boux avenue recently but I agree it really is annoying, i'd never thought a 32d would be awkward to get cheap tbh:P
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I often buy second hand clothes, can't see an issue as long as they aren't stained/ really dirty I'd say most of my clothes are probably second hand - either passed down from relatives, bought in charity shops or from eBay. It's a lot cheaper, better for the environment (it's a form of recycling), supports a good cause (if from a charity shop), and means I can afford to buy branded stuff! Mind you, I'm always a bit more careful when buying stuff online to double check the seller has good feedback, and usually only buy branded clothes off eBay so I can be sure of the quality.

Yeah, I wouldn't buy second hand underwear though, it just seems a bit icky...

ReputationRep:
    Yes if they are in good condition and I like them, why not.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, especially more expensive items if they are in very good condition :five:

ReputationRep:
    Have and will. As long as they are in good condition I don't care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    70% of my clothes are from charity shops. lmao.

It is partly because I'm broke - but also because it's so much affordable and you can find so much nice stuff there. And the money goes to charity - which is a really nice cause, so not only are you buying something nice, it's going to a good cause. Searching for good stuff in thrifts & secondhand shops are also really fun

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I used to pretty much buy all my clothes second hand. saved a load of money that way. and the clothes were usually fine and looked great.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Actually just did, earlier today lol

ReputationRep:
    Just all the time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I donate a lot of new clothes to charity (usually stuff that I regret buying or have never worn). Although I'm not sure I would purchase second hand clothing unless it was a vintage piece from a fashion house.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.