Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Knitty Gritty Knitting Thread Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    From hats to blankets, and everything in between, there are plenty of fantastic things that you can knit... so pot your best or most unusual creations here, or even just stop in to have a natter about knitting :ahee:

minimarshmallow gave me some wool and bamboo needles a few months back, so I'm on a slow trek to making a scarf out of it; I enjoy knitting, but I'm not the fastest! If I ever get it finished, I'll be sure to post a photo here :mmm:

ParadoxSocks this might be something you're interested in too
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    I used to knit when I was in primary school. I could crochet a little too, but I was better at knitting. I've completely forgotten how to do it all now, so I'l have to relearn and see what I can post I think! :mmm:
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Every time I've tried it it takes me a while but I get into it, then I drop a stitch and get angry so I give up :lol:

I need to try again though, it's been a while

ReputationRep:
    I know how to knit, I just can't do it at the moment on account of it causes a worsening of pain in the injury to my shoulder. It's the tiny little motion that really irritates it. I get it with typing sometimes as well but less so because I can put my elbows down on the table or armrests in most cases. I may give it a go to try and find a comfortable knitting position though, and then everyone's getting a scarf next Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    I've knitted a quarter of a pair of mittens...

ReputationRep:
    cant knit at all but my grandmother is great at those sorts of crafts.
    I am very good at sewing and repairing fabrics, it is a life skill people should all learn.

ReputationRep:
    Knitting is genuinely one of my favourite past times! I bus to work on a Saturday and always take my knitting along! One of my closest friends did some work experience at a hospital in Mali over the summer and they have a desperate need for premature baby clothes so I've knitted lots of hats/shorts/little dresses. They're all tinnnyyy! I also made this for my dog for Christmas:
    Name:  15202649_1830915213819609_4753515580414091576_n.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  131.9 KB
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    From hats to blankets, and everything in between, there are plenty of fantastic things that you can knit... so pot your best or most unusual creations here, or even just stop in to have a natter about knitting :ahee:

minimarshmallow gave me some wool and bamboo needles a few months back, so I'm on a slow trek to making a scarf out of it; I enjoy knitting, but I'm not the fastest! If I ever get it finished, I'll be sure to post a photo here :mmm:

@fllaay you would love this thread
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)

I think @fllaay Would Love This Thread
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I tried teaching myself to knit again and ended up accidentally knitting a huge clump of my own hair, still attached to my head, into the middle of what was going to be a scarf. I had to cut the yarn, so it's just a line thick. I guess I can let my hamster wear it :laugh:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    My house is full of half sewn together monsters, dinosaurs and other little creatures because while I love knitting, I absolutely suck at construction. I should really get on that and take photos.

The creatures I have finished are super cute. I have monster bookends everywhere. They're a personal favourite.

I'm trying to learn to crochet but I really really suck at it. My mum mocks my inability to crochet when I'm capable of super complex knitting techniques.

(Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    I tried teaching myself to knit again and ended up accidentally knitting a huge clump of my own hair, still attached to my head, into the middle of what was going to be a scarf. I had to cut the yarn, so it's just a line thick. I guess I can let my hamster wear it :laugh:
    :giggle: that takes some effort! Give it another go. Maybe invest in a bobble.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Started again this morning, hair tied and ready to go. Managed to knit a few rows, so it's going better for sure :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    My house is full of half sewn together monsters, dinosaurs and other little creatures because while I love knitting, I absolutely suck at construction. I should really get on that and take photos.

The creatures I have finished are super cute. I have monster bookends everywhere. They're a personal favourite.

I'm trying to learn to crochet but I really really suck at it. My mum mocks my inability to crochet when I'm capable of super complex knitting techniques.

Please do me some monster bookends...

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard of Alan Dart? I'm obsessed with his patterns at the moment!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potato456)
    Have you heard of Alan Dart? I'm obsessed with his patterns at the moment!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll have to look into him! Have you tried any yourself?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.