Braces at 18?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I go to the dentist in March and would've had my 18th birthday by then. I'm currently in sixth form and will be until I am 19. Will I need to pay for braces if they have to be kept on for longer than a year? Say until I'm 20 and not in the sixth form? Or will it be free because I received them when I was 18 and in full-time education? It would only be to fix one tooth that's out of place, so would it take longer than a year?
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You only get braces free til 16.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2750592
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Age aside, if you've only got one tooth out of place, you'd be getting them for cosmetic purposes and for that reason you'd have to pay.
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got braces when I was 16 ish and had them removed when I was 19. You only pay for braces if you are over the age of 18 WHEN you get them put on. Although you only get braces free on the NHS if your out of place teeth affect your bite. I believe you need to have an underbite/overbite of greater than 5mm or something. Not sure specific numbers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.85%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (907)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (401)
18.93%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.39%

Watched Threads