Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey
    so i've seen many of these "grow your grades" kind of posts so i thought i'd make my own as a way to keep me motivated and to track my study progress..
    i do Edexcel IAL for bio chemistry and maths (C34+S1) + (a language which i didnt complete to A2 level)
    so at the start of this year I as was aiming for A*A*A in biology, chemistry and maths, respectively, but after sitting the unit 4 exam this January (IAL edexcel), i realised it was highly unlikely i will still be able to achieve an A* in bio as the exam went terrible so yeah i changed my goal to AAA and will be happy if i was able to score an A* in either one

my AS results:
    maths
    C12 191/200 -A
    M1 87/100 -A
    overall AS maths: 278/300 (A)

biology
    unit 1 102/120 -A
    unit 2 114/120 -A
    unit 3 40/60 -C
    overall AS biology: 256/300 (A)

chemistry
    unit 1 107/120 -A
    unit 2 103/120 -A
    unit 3 54/60 -A
    overall AS chemistry: 264/300 (A)

Arabic
    89/100 -A

Spoiler:
    Show

i'm self studying bio and chemistry so its very tough and there are many times where i have zero motivation and want to give up so i hope making this thread will give me the push i need

ReputationRep:
    I believe you can get A* in at least one

If motivation = 0.. take a break. And remind yourself why you are doing these subjects, and what your end goal is, and remind yourself that

YOU WILL ACHIEVE EXCELLENCE

ReputationRep:
    Thank u so much! Hopefully 💗💗💗

ReputationRep:
    YOU CAN DO IT!!

You're smart and with the hard work and the motivation, anything is possible!

GOOD LUCK!!

Remind yourself with the end goal and the motivation will be renewed and regained each time!

ReputationRep:
    just got my unit 4 exam marks
    got an A -105/120 in chem
    C 72/120 in bio
    i am so shook at the bio mark i dunno whether i should resit or work hard on 5 and 6 and try to get an overall A -im so depressed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pondsteps)
    just got my unit 4 exam marks
    got an A in chem
    C in bio
    i am so shocked at the bio mark i dunno whether i should resit or work hard on 5 and 6 and try to get an overall a
    Are you sitting the lagacy spec, if so may i ask what you are doing yout bio coursework on and how far you have gotten with it?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have coursework for international edexcel.. It's just 3 separate units for A2 xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi pondsteps! How's revision for Chem unit 5 going? Mines is horrible:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeetleyAbbas)
    Hi pondsteps! How's revision for Chem unit 5 going? Mines is horrible:/
    heeey! i have been focusing on biology and maths the past few weeks tbh but today i am ready to tackle chemistry!! why is it horrible i guess u5 is quite harder than u4 (already took it in jan) but i still havent looked at the pastpapers so :confused:

ReputationRep:
    heeey! i have been focusing on biology and maths the past few weeks tbh but today i am ready to tackle chemistry!! why is it horrible i guess u5 is quite harder than u4 (already took it in jan) but i still havent looked at the pastpapers so :confused:
    I thought the content was hard but after solving a few past papers, I was so scared to even solve anymore. They expect you to know so much stuff from the previous units. I don't know if that's true but I definitely feel that way:/

ReputationRep:
    Also, what book are you using? I am using the George Facer one!

ReputationRep:
    I thought the content was hard but after solving a few past papers, I was so scared to even solve anymore. They expect you to know so much stuff from the previous units. I don't know if that's true but I definitely feel that way:/
    Oh really! That's not a good start what did u get in unit 4

ReputationRep:
    Also, what book are you using? I am using the George Facer one!
    Oh I've heard that one's good but I use the Ann Fullick blue book

ReputationRep:
    Oh really! That's not a good start what did u get in unit 4
    a C, I'm horrible at Chem

ReputationRep:
    ohhh dont worry a C isnt bad at A2 xx are u resitting it in june or only focusing on units 5 and 6?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I've heard that one's good but I use the Ann Fullick blue book
    Make sure you use a reference book too because I've heard of the A2 Ann Fullick books having a lot of wrong info, at least the A2 biology book did.

ReputationRep:
    ohhh dont worry a C isnt bad at A2 xx are u resitting it in june or only focusing on units 5 and 6?
    Yes I'm focusing on Unit 5 and 6

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you use a reference book too because I've heard of the A2 Ann Fullick books having a lot of wrong info, at least the A2 biology book did.
    oh do u take biology? :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing hate it

ReputationRep:
    oh do u take biology? :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:ing hate it
    Haha yes I do! Really:O I happen to find it very interesting and score the most in it, but Unit 4 is a headache to study for. I haven't given it yet but will be this June. Hope it goes well

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes I do! Really:O I happen to find it very interesting and score the most in it, but Unit 4 is a headache to study for. I haven't given it yet but will be this June. Hope it goes well
    Ohh.. Yaaas hopefully you will ace it! Btw what topics did u mean were very hard in the pastpapers? Like transition metals or the organic?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.