The Student Room Group

pondsteps' road to AAA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pondsteps
Ohh.. Yaaas hopefully you will ace it! Btw what topics did u mean were very hard in the pastpapers? Like transition metals or the organic?

Haha yes hopefully, we both will!:smile: I found the organic portion harder I just couldn't figure out the reaction mechanisms but it could be because I haven't done that chapter very well:confused:
Ohh.. Yaaas hopefully you will ace it! Btw what topics did u mean were very hard in the pastpapers? Like transition metals or the organic?

Also for Unit 4 did you just use the Ann Fullick book? I'm so confused on which book is better and which one to focus more on as I am running out of time.:/
Original post by BeetleyAbbas
Also for Unit 4 did you just use the Ann Fullick book? I'm so confused on which book is better and which one to focus more on as I am running out of time.:/

Do u mean unit4 bio or chem? If for bio I didn't rely on that book and got myself the cgp revision guide cos it just goes on and on about irrelevant stuff . I think the Ann fullick book is pretty good for unit 5 tho
Haha yes hopefully, we both will!:smile: I found the organic portion harder I just couldn't figure out the reaction mechanisms but it could be because I haven't done that chapter very well:confused:

Ohhh I see.. Did u look online for some flowcharts which summarize all organic chem ? I think that would be helpful seeing all the reactions in front of u.
Do u mean unit4 bio or chem? If for bio I didn't rely on that book and got myself the cgp revision guide cos it just goes on and on about irrelevant stuff . I think the Ann fullick book is pretty good for unit 5 tho

Oh but my classmates and I found a couple of factual mistakes in the Ann Fullick one, e.g Actin and Myosin were written the other way round I know its not a big deal but who knows what else might be wrong in it so I just don't use it anymore
Ohhh I see.. Did u look online for some flowcharts which summarize all organic chem ? I think that would be helpful seeing all the reactions in front of u.

Yeah I am searching for those!:smile: Just get a headache after reviewing all the reactions:s-smilie:
Also, how do you solve pastpapers for Chemistry? Do you do them after you know all the content or when you are still learning the content? I feel like if I'll forever be learning from the book I'd be wasting a lot of time learning information I don't really need to know so I'm trying to jot down imp points from the mark scheme at this point
Oh but my classmates and I found a couple of factual mistakes in the Ann Fullick one, e.g Actin and Myosin were written the other way round I know its not a big deal but who knows what else might be wrong in it so I just don't use it anymore

Oh my god thanks for telling me. I studied that from there
Yeah I am searching for those!:smile: Just get a headache after reviewing all the reactions:s-smilie:
Also, how do you solve pastpapers for Chemistry? Do you do them after you know all the content or when you are still learning the content? I feel like if I'll forever be learning from the book I'd be wasting a lot of time learning information I don't really need to know so I'm trying to jot down imp points from the mark scheme at this point

After I finish the content.. I haven't started u5 papers yt I'm tryna figure out what's going on in unit 6..
Oh my god thanks for telling me. I studied that from there

No problem at all!
After I finish the content.. I haven't started u5 papers yt I'm tryna figure out what's going on in unit 6..

Haha I'm trying to figure out when my life went so downhill :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending