Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi all. i have conditional offers from King's and Warwick for history but am really struggling to decide which one to firm! i loved the campus at Warwick but fear it will be really dull second and third year. in contrast, the modules at king's are ideal and i like the central location but have also heard it can be quite lonely as it's not a campus uni. someone pleaseeee help me choose

ReputationRep:
    hey, i accepted my offer to study history at kings and started this september. i lived in halls at champion hill and found it so isolating hardly anyone came out of their rooms. its incredibly hard to make more than a mere acquaintance. the atmosphere of the uni lacked a community feel for sure but with that being said the teaching can't be faulted my personal tutor and seminar tutors were all incredibly approachable and helpful.
    i have now reapplied and warwick is an option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stupidorb)
    hey, i accepted my offer to study history at kings and started this september. i lived in halls at champion hill and found it so isolating hardly anyone came out of their rooms. its incredibly hard to make more than a mere acquaintance. the atmosphere of the uni lacked a community feel for sure but with that being said the teaching can't be faulted my personal tutor and seminar tutors were all incredibly approachable and helpful.
    hello! ahh that sucks, i'm so upset to hear that at least the teaching is good i suppose but i really do want to be in a social environment. starting to consider warwick again now... good luck with your reapplication

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaybannell)
    hello! ahh that sucks, i'm so upset to hear that at least the teaching is good i suppose but i really do want to be in a social environment. starting to consider warwick again now... good luck with your reapplication
    i havent been to warwick but a couple of my friends go and although its not in a city like kings it does have that community feel which i felt that kings didnt have. thank you, hopefully warwick get back to me soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stupidorb)
    Hey, since you do history at kcl I would like to ask one question if you don't mind. How are you assessed is it more courework or examination?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.