The Student Room Group

Some random guy came up to me and said I danced like a fag :(

I was out for a friend's birthday last night and hit the dancefloor after a few beverages. I was just having a good time, minding my own business when a bloke came over and told me I danced like a fag and that I was probably gay.

It upset me :frown:, why do these unprovoked attacks happen to me?

Scroll to see replies

I dunno, but just ignore the tosser.
Original post by James.Carnell
I was out for a friend's birthday last night and hit the dancefloor after a few beverages. I was just having a good time, minding my own business when a bloke came over and told me I danced like a fag and that I was probably gay.

Who cares what he thinks? He obviously has nothing better to do with his time, and isn't worth listening to!

Though as a sidenote, it wouldn't matter if you were gay either, so not worth taking it as an insult in the first place, imo.
Reply 3

You were unlucky, it would probably happen to anyone
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Drunk or jealous that you were having a better time than him.

Why are you letting him get to you though? It really is not a big deal :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by UWS
Drunk or jealous that you were having a better time than him.

Why are you letting him get to you though? It really is not a big deal :smile:

He was probably flirting with him ahahhahahaahah
I don't think that's an insult, personally. Stereotypically, this would mean that you danced better if anything, as gay guys often do. I have a few friends who dance in a 'camp' way, and they are brilliant dancers, a lot better than me. Moving in a more extravagant way is often attractive to people, showing you have a range of moves - Dr Dance aka Dr Peter Lovatt says this makes you better in bed :tongue:

Nothing with being gay, anyway!
(edited 7 years ago)
Ignore. :smile:
I bet he was the kind of guy that drinks his bear and taps his feet. Nothing wrong with that... but some of those people mock people that can actually dance and have fun doing so.
Just ignore him 😬
He probably says it to everyone. And everyone gets comments from drunk people on nights out good and bad.

Original post by James385
I bet he was the kind of guy that drinks his bear and taps his feet. Nothing wrong with that... but some of those people mock people that can actually dance and have fun doing so.

Definitely a guy that stands there head nodding. Those are the only people that make fun of other people having fun lol.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

in all honesty though, who cares about his opinion. You'll probably never see him again, just move on and keep on dancing to spite him :smile:
Wow did I really spell beer... bear...

Take it as a compliment, gays dance well!
He was probably drunk
Original post by AshEntropy
He was probably flirting with him ahahhahahaahah

He probably wasn't. Although just after Christmas I was at the gym and a creepy man with one earring winked at me and was a bit too friendly. Then there was the time some guy tried to feel me up in a nightclub 2 years ago. :s:

Regarding my sexuality I am more the confused type, sigh. :frown:

maybe drink less, and take dancing lessons, or at least practice in front of the stereo??
I hope you bought yourself another drink and continued to have a great time. People who feel insecure in themselves always try to pull down others with confidence to make themselves feel better, it's sad really.

When people say these things just understand how irrelevant the person is. Who cares what they have to say? Within 10 minutes you shouldn't even remember it happened.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
I don't think that's an insult, personally. Stereotypically, this would mean that you danced better if anything, as gay guys often do. I have a few friends who dance in a 'camp' way, and they are brilliant dancers, a lot better than me. Moving in a more extravagant way is often attractive to people, showing you have a range of moves - Dr Dance aka Dr Peter Lovatt says this makes you better in bed :tongue:

Nothing with being gay, anyway!

There definitely is in my community :redface:, I wish everyone was just allowed to love each other :smile:
Reply 19
Odd insult considering gay guys are stereotypically good dancers.

Quick Reply

Latest