Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Some random guy came up to me and said I danced like a fag :( Watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)

Regarding my sexuality I am more the confused type, sigh.
    Confused in what way? Try not to get into needing labels, people are who they are and labels never fully fit people tbh. Just be yourself
    • Very Important Poster

I was out for a friend's birthday last night and hit the dancefloor after a few beverages. I was just having a good time, minding my own business when a bloke came over and told me I danced like a fag and that I was probably gay.

It upset me , why do these unprovoked attacks happen to me?
    Ignore them and dont let it make you self conscious. Some people are just turds, he could have been drunk, on drugs or just wanted a reaction to make up for his own insecurities. By getting upset tiy are giving him a credibility he doesnt deserve.

ReputationRep:
    He probably wasn't. Although just after Christmas I was at the gym and a creepy man with one earring winked at me and was a bit too friendly. Then there was the time some guy tried to feel me up in a nightclub 2 years ago. :s:

Regarding my sexuality I am more the confused type, sigh.
    If you want to get better at dancing, you have to practice it okay?

good luck

ReputationRep:
    Next time challenge him to single combat to establish your dominance.
    Piss on him for added effect.
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Inexorably)
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.

in all honesty though, who cares about his opinion. You'll probably never see him again, just move on and keep on dancing to spite him
    I love that quote! :cry2:

There definitely is in my community , I wish everyone was just allowed to love each other
    What community is that then? I wouldn't worry about people like that.Probably just some idiot with a small mind.Trying to overcompensate for something even smaller me thinks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.