Walks out the room

ReputationRep:
    EU replies: Bye Bye.

ReputationRep:
    Walks in...

"Let us back in, please! We'll give you some cookies..."

Walks out...

ReputationRep:
    In reality we'll be begging for good terms. Which we won't get. They have no incentive to end up worst off after we leave.

ReputationRep:
    I'd walk in with a pair of underpants on my head and a pencil up each nostril in the hope they'd take pity on us and give us reasonable terms, because we've obviously lost our bloody minds.

ReputationRep:
    Hard Brexit, Britian enforces other trade deals with other countries interested and then tell the EU to **** themselves pull out of all ties with them and not trade with them and watch the EU collapse

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'd just tell goodbye and get lost.

We voted to leave the EU, let's face it. If we ask for access to the single market it is going to cost a lot of money and it just might be the same amount we to the EU budget now.

NO don't kid yourself or be delusional there will be a fee to be paid for any type of preferential access to the single market and the fact that UK buys more from the EU than the other way around means squat.

ReputationRep:
    I'd leave with no negotiation and give them free access to our market for 6 months and let them decide what to do for us.

I would make sure our financial regulations matched those of eu countries so we can still have free access to those markets regardless of a deal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Basically what May is doing.

Probably leave the single market and customs union whilst staying in as much as possible with in common eu frameworks such as security etc.

Unlike May though I'd Go hardcore neoliberal outside of the EU like Dan Hannan envisaged but what most of the Leave voters would be horrified with.

Abolish immigration from third world countries. Be open to rejoining the EU in 2030 unless anything drastic happens.

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
    🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)

I would make sure our financial regulations matched those of eu countries so we can still have free access to those markets regardless of a deal
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    ???

The UK regularly vetoed EU regulation for making londons financial markets 'uncompetive' and for bringing in a bankers bonus tax etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    ???

The UK regularly vetoed EU regulation for making londons financial markets 'uncompetive' and for bringing in a bankers bonus tax etc.
    We have to regardless of the deal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I predict one of three outcomes:
    i) An interim deal (for say, 5 years) which essentially keeps most of EU membership, including single market and freedom of movement, which just kicks the can down the road in the hope that the issues will have resolved by then.
    ii) An "interim" deal with no expiration date. Similar to the above, but ultimately no final agreement will ever be met. Not because people didn't intend to, but because there's simply a lack of political will to make a final decision.
    iii) A total hard Brexit by default because no deal gets done in the required time.

ReputationRep:
    Use the europeans in our country as bargaining chips thats what I would do. If Switzerland who are not in the EU can have a trade deal so can we, if we get nothing- it will affect the EU more than it will affect us to be honest anyone who thinks any different is a fool.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't we just import workers from the Caribbean like we did in the 1960s ?

We don't need the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Therec00)
    Why don't we just import workers from the Caribbean like we did in the 1960s ?

We don't need the EU.
    No thanks, I think it is fairly sensible to close the doors to everyone for a stretch of at least 10 years with the view of keeping doors closed for a further 10 years

ReputationRep:
    Exit CAP
    Exit CFP
    Exit ECJ
    Exit ECHR

Retain European Arrest Warrant
    Retain membership of science and education stuff
    Retain Free trade in goods and membership of single market for services (equivalence instead of ECJ)

What i would offer for the above deal..

Annual payment (so long as our net contribution is reduced we may as well bribe them)
    EU immigration quota excluding refugees (basically we agree that 200,000 EU immigrants will be given permanent residence each year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Exit CAP
    Exit CFP
    Exit ECJ
    Exit ECHR

Retain European Arrest Warrant
    Retain membership of science and education stuff
    Retain Free trade in goods and membership of single market for services (equivalence instead of ECJ)

What i would offer for the above deal..

Annual payment (so long as our net contribution is reduced we may as well bribe them)
    EU immigration quota excluding refugees (basically we agree that 200,000 EU immigrants will be given permanent residence each year)
    Is that 200,000 a year which currentlying live in Europe your giving residence or 200,000 a year living in the UK your giving Indefinant leave to remain in the UK? I voted leave and would be disappointed if net immigration only fell by 100,000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bob Latchford)
    Is that 200,000 a year which currentlying live in Europe your giving residence or 200,000 a year living in the UK your giving Indefinant leave to remain in the UK? I voted leave and would be disappointed if net immigration only fell by 100,000
    These would be new immigrants.

I voted Leave too but other than the very bottom end, i see no reason to substantially reduce EU migration. I have more issue with non-EU immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    These would be new immigrants.

I voted Leave too but other than the very bottom end, i see no reason to substantially reduce EU migration. I have more issue with non-EU immigrants.
    200,000 looks a bit high I would do it in phases

No new entrants for 10 years to allow population to reduce to an acceptable level
    Look to deport people and seize al, there assets (this is my answer to foreign criminals especially drug lords) spread the amount of seized assets(once sold) as investments into infrastructure to improve our cities and towns
    If I am satisfied with population levels IE under 55 million by 2020 I will allow 20,000 year on year, this will be based on a points system much stricter than Australia-I do not wish to release full details on what I would do as the PC brigade would want me banned for it.
    Then if that goes well for few years I will be willing to increase the quota up to 50,000 but still have the most tight immigration policy.

Amy period I mention can be extended

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bob Latchford)
    That's exactly what will happen though.

The point is the argument will then be had of what is a good migrant and what do we need.

The vast majority of people don't dislike migrants they simply want to know that when we let outsiders in to become one of us that they are better than the average brit.

Therefore an improvement.

That will require much tighter tests IF the public want it further down and the government will have no one to blame as it will be solely in their control.

That's the beauty of sovereignty

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.