Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So my friend turned 18 yesterday and she's having a meal tonight to celebrate. I can't go to the meal because I have family commitments that I agreed to prior. I haven't got her presents yet but I am going to get her something. I want to make it up to her because I feel so bad for missing her 18th! I just don't know how I can make it up to her.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So my friend turned 18 yesterday and she's having a meal tonight to celebrate. I can't go to the meal because I have family commitments that I agreed to prior. I haven't got her presents yet but I am going to get her something. I want to make it up to her because I feel so bad for missing her 18th! I just don't know how I can make it up to her.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    Are you close? If so, it's a bigger deal but she'll also understand. Just make sure to text her on the day and wish her a happy birthday. Tell her you're sorry about not being able to make it but you hope she has a nice night, that kinda thing

ReputationRep:
    Post on instagram or some form of social media with a cute paragraph and a quick apology about not being able to make it and give her her presents another time if you are close

ReputationRep:
    I had to miss my best friends 18th birthday dinner and was absolutely gutted

I did the usual, Facebook wall post, video of our memories etc on the day. But to make it up to her, I took her for afternoon tea the next day and gave her my gift You could hang out together whenever you're both free and just do something fun, treat her

- You don't have to spend money and go out for it, you can even invite her over to lounge around at yours, binge on snacks & a funny movie and give her your gift then?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.