Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laracumming)
    He was quite loose with me, we laughed about Edinburgh and politics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We laughed a bit too but I was quite annoyed as the whole time I was waiting for him to turn haha

ReputationRep:
    we talked a lot about gender equality and about where I grew up and things

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We spoke about my personal statement, he asked about the role of head girl, we had a discussion about grades and then we had a discussion about Edinburgh being the journalism hub, and how there is so much content within studying at Napier, what about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We spoke about my personal statement, he asked about the role of head girl, we had a discussion about grades and then we had a discussion about Edinburgh being the journalism hub, and how there is so much content within studying at Napier, what about you ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mines wasn't much. He first said he thought my personal statement was strong and that the writing was good. He then asked why I didn't do great in my Nat 5s last year then asked whether I think I will be able to achieve my predicted grades for s5. Then he talked about where I grew up (quite a rough area) and told me that it could work in my favour especially considering not many people from my school go to uni. Then it was a case of what the offer would be and that I should work hard to get them. Did he ask any questions to you which made him seem anywhere near as bad as what people say?

ReputationRep:
    He asked about my s5 grades (BBCC) and why I hadn't made the decision to resit and I had told him that considering it was in two creative subjects, art and graphics, I had decided to focuses on more literary based subjects this year, he then said aside from your blog where is the evidence of your passion for journalism I then had to explain that a small group of sixth years had been working on a school magazine at the end of last year which I have edited he then questioned as to why I didn't include in my statement I then told him I was told not by a UCAS advisor (stupid I know) so I could bring it up at interview and his reply was they meant well but it should have been in there , he then made a few notes and mentioned that discussing the magazine helped me. But other than that he was fairly pleasant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He asked about my s5 grades (BBCC) and why I hadn't made the decision to resit and I had told him that considering it was in two creative subjects, art and graphics, I had decided to focuses on more literary based subjects this year, he then said aside from your blog where is the evidence of your passion for journalism I then had to explain that a small group of sixth years had been working on a school magazine at the end of last year which I have edited he then questioned as to why I didn't include in my statement I then told him I was told not by a UCAS advisor (stupid I know) so I could bring it up at interview and his reply was they meant well but it should have been in there , he then made a few notes and mentioned that discussing the magazine helped me. But other than that he was fairly pleasant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He asked similar things with me. He seemed impressed that I had been part of the school newspaper since I started in first year and that as one of the heads of school I took on the role to get more pupils interested in the arts and English. He asked me if I felt disadvantaged as a female in a male dominated industry to which I said that I believed that society was changing and that gender inequality was becoming something that was being more seriously dealt with and I mentioned the 2010 Equality act as well as discussing Nicola Sturgeon wanting to 'smash' the glass ceiling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because of a mix up on the day, he didn't have my personal statement but there were many others that were interviewed that also had an interview without personal statement reference so I hope that doesn't disadvantage me! Got a conditional today for another course at Napier though which is great!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw congrats! What course is it for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw congrats! What course is it for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    English and Film!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thats amazing well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you know anyone who is applying to the course. As in like friends from secondary?

ReputationRep:
    No one from my school is, but a my friend from another school has yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know no one else that is applying

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's strange, I think this course is different to others, people who've applied to uni from my school there's a selection of people doing the same courses but literally I don't know anyone from the area I'm from doing journalism it's weird

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's strange, I think this course is different to others, people who've applied to uni from my school there's a selection of people doing the same courses but literally I don't know anyone from the area I'm from doing journalism it's weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it is. Well I'm sure we will make a lot of new friends anyway

ReputationRep:
    I just genuinely can't wait to get into uni in September, scary but also exciting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where else have you applied and have any of you heard anything back from any other universities ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where else have you applied and have any of you heard anything back from any other universities ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offers from Robert Gordon, Napier English. I'm excited too! Nervous for some reason at the social aspect which is weird cause I've never had any trouble at all making friends lol

ReputationRep:
    That's great well done! The social aspect is so important to being a student, hopefully napier will want me so I can look forward to moving away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only got an offer from Napier just now but I can't wait to move away! Not that I don't like where I am from our anything, I feel like I need a change! Can't wait for the social side of student life!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.