Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi why do some schools insist on super strict uniforms I don't get it ? My older cousins school has a blazer and tie uniform and his school is really strict. Yet my uniform is a polo shirt and jumper uniform. Yet my school is the best in the area where I live .

ReputationRep:
    why do some schools insist on blazers

ReputationRep:
    I dont' know I'm so glad i don't have a uniform any more.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I had to wear a blazer and tie. I would have preferred to wear a polo and jumper though

Edit: I don't know why they insist on it. Maybe they think it makes you look smarter idk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    It will likely vary on the school for the reasoning behind it. Sometimes it will be for their own appearances, sometimes it might have a deeper rationale behind it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemmon1000)
    Hi why do some schools insist on super strict uniforms I don't get it ? My older cousins school has a blazer and tie uniform and his school is really strict. Yet my uniform is a polo shirt and jumper uniform. Yet my school is the best in the area where I live .
    Don't lie mate, you go to a pikey comprehensive

Yours faithfully
    Foundation

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.