Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with a guy approaching me in the street, even if it was to say something nice. I'm very introverted and shy and I often don't know how to respond to someone trying to talk to me when I don't expect it. It's not a social situation and I just want to go about my daily business so I don't really think it's in the right context.

ReputationRep:
    As above, If a woman is saying no and you don't know them, then it really is no. If someone says then just be polite and say your goodbyes. Being insistent or persuasive will not end well, it will make you look desperate. I do wish you luck though! Let us know how you get on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissDetermined)
    I think people will react differently. I've done the Tinder thing and It's very frustrating, I would much rather meet someone in person. If you have the confidence, you've got nothing to lose really. Sure you might get knocked back but that can happen in any setting.
    Thx for the reassuring message! I feel a bit more confident now and hopefully I'll be able to dominate the next approach. Thx again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissDetermined)
    As above, If a woman is saying no and you don't know them, then it really is no. If someone says then just be polite and say your goodbyes. Being insistent or persuasive will not end well, it will make you look desperate. I do wish you luck though! Let us know how you get on.
    Thx a lot for the info! Hope to apply this in my next approach! Really appreciate the help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow.panda)
    Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable with a guy approaching me in the street, even if it was to say something nice. I'm very introverted and shy and I often don't know how to respond to someone trying to talk to me when I don't expect it. It's not a social situation and I just want to go about my daily business so I don't really think it's in the right context.
    Don't worry there are a lot of good guys out there who really appreciate women for themselves instead of seeing them as sex toys. I understand that some people may be uncomfortable about certain practices but I really mean no harm. Thx for your feedback btw, it helps me understand various women better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Draziton)
    I'm sorry I don't really understand what you're trying to say haha
    you need to have something to bring to the table...

ReputationRep:
    But would there be a slight possibility if that person connected with you on a deeper level?
    No ! Probably not TBH , I'd be too weirded out that a random guy on the street had stopped me . I'd spend most of the time trying to get away as opposed to listening to what he was saying.

It'd depend entirely on the context though, but more than likely not .

ReputationRep:
    No, approaching people in the street is weird and usually awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Just leave people alone. You can fire off a quick compliment without stopping

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Are you a wannabe PUA? If so, just do it, man up.

ReputationRep:
    Since I have a BF (most of the time ) I politely ignore them. But there were two guys whom I'd lovely spend my time with :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly.Bee)
    Since I have a BF (most of the time ) I politely ignore them. But there were two guys whom I'd lovely spend my time with :P
    Wtf how does one "politely ignore" someone??

Anyways op if you want to become a PUA, then I would advise you to check out seddit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No, they look like charity people.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    No.

I've had someone do this and it's quite creepy. He would not take no for an answer. Nor did he care that this was making me quite uncomfortable.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I thought that, if she feels uncomfortable, just let her go instead because you don't want to look needy. Honestly, I'm not looking for sex but am definitely not desperate guy, I just want to find a way of connecting with women better! I'm not that good at getting people to women to open up but am alright to guys ... any tips for women?
    Unless you already know them or have developed a friendship, it'll be hard for them to open up. But if you have spoken once or twice, find similar interests and what kind of things she likes to talk about. You'd be surprised at how much someone can open up, just by engaging them in a conversation they relate to/ enjoy. This'll help develop the friendship further and she'll notice that you're listening to her (favourite topic convo).

Just a few basic things I guess

ReputationRep:
    This is so creepy...!

ReputationRep:
    chatting up women on the streets in not a very effective way to get laid or get a gf OP. The flake rate is insane and unless you are getting a high percentage of numbers from girls you approach to compensate that ...it just takes far too many approaches to actually get some reward for your efforts.

here's a little secret though, some years ago I used to do this a lot, and also used to meet up with a lot other guys who would do this. Most of us wasn't getting great results from it [no gf, no getting laid], but the few guys who did [and i really do mean few], I noticed they were VERY persistant when talking to girls. Have you ever been walking down the street and a chugger approaches you and you tell him no and he keeps persisting and trying to overcome your excuses? ...well that's what these guys were like.

The majority of girls with whom they persisted they didn't get anywhere with and the girl did not change her mind. However a small amount of girls did actually change their mind after the persistence. So if you have the energy for it, you will get further by being persistent that giving up at the first sign of resistance. I tried being persistant [I am natrually not very persistent] and eventually I convinced an attractive girl who kept making excuses to give me her phone number ....but in the end I decided not to take the number because the girl actually let out a big sigh when she finally agreed and i didn't feel good taking it. She seemed somewhat shocked though when i left without taking it, ..maybe i should of took it ... i dunno

after that i went back to being non persistent, it just suits me more and i feel more comfortable .....but definitely being persistent will yield more results [if you've got the mindset for it]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    chatting up women on the streets in not a very effective way to get laid or get a gf OP. The flake rate is insane and unless you are getting a high percentage of numbers from girls you approach to compensate that ...it just takes far too many approaches to actually get some reward for your efforts.

here's a little secret though, some years ago I used to do this a lot, and also used to meet up with a lot other guys who would do this. Most of us wasn't getting great results from it [no gf, no getting laid], but the few guys who did [and i really do mean few], I noticed they were VERY persistant when talking to girls. Have you ever been walking down the street and a chugger approaches you and you tell him no and he keeps persisting and trying to overcome your excuses? ...well that's what these guys were like.

The majority of girls with whom they persisted they didn't get anywhere with and the girl did not change her mind. However a small amount of girls did actually change their mind after the persistence. So if you have the energy for it, you will get further by being persistent that giving up at the first sign of resistance. I tried being persistant [I am natrually not very persistent] and eventually I convinced an attractive girl who kept making excuses to give me her phone number ....but in the end I decided not to take the number because the girl actually let out a big sigh when she finally agreed and i didn't feel good taking it. She seemed somewhat shocked though when i left without taking it, ..maybe i should of took it ... i dunno

after that i went back to being non persistent, it just suits me more and i feel more comfortable .....but definitely being persistent will yield more results [if you've got the mindset for it]
    really op, don't follow this advice. try meeting a girl you like and can talk to at college, ask her for her number, and take it from there okay??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedylanman)
    Lol. Are you a wannabe PUA? If so, just do it, man up.
    First of all there's a difference between someone who is sincerely interested in women and someone who does it for the public's satisfaction. Like I said in my other replies, I just want to learn how to connect with women better so by practice makes perfect, keyword NO PICKUP! Just a normal conversation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conkerr)
    This is so creepy...!
    Depends on how you project your message. Let's say if I go in thinking I'm weird, I'm creepy, she think's this is awkward then she's going to feel that energy and will be turned off. It's the mindset when you are going in but anyways thx for your feedback!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.