The Student Room Group

Exam Boards Losing Papers

So, the WJEC board allowed people taking Maths and Maths-Numeracy under the new spec to sit the exams early in November and results day is coming up this Thursday.

However, some people who did the intermediate tier (I'm luckily okay, I did higher) have recently been told that their papers have been lost. The exam board are going to try and find their papers, but they have to calculate an estimate for their mark based on the other 3 papers, which is so unfair - what if they did really well on the one paper that went missing and not so well on the other 3?

This whole scenario has made me fear my exam papers getting lost when I do the remainder of the exams in the summer. How can exam boards get away with losing papers?
Original post by Tombre
So, the WJEC board allowed people taking Maths and Maths-Numeracy under the new spec to sit the exams early in November and results day is coming up this Thursday.

However, some people who did the intermediate tier (I'm luckily okay, I did higher) have recently been told that their papers have been lost. The exam board are going to try and find their papers, but they have to calculate an estimate for their mark based on the other 3 papers, which is so unfair - what if they did really well on the one paper that went missing and not so well on the other 3?

This whole scenario has made me fear my exam papers getting lost when I do the remainder of the exams in the summer. How can exam boards get away with losing papers?

Because The Government allows them too.
Reply 2
Original post by Popsiclez
Because The Government allows them too.

Innit true say

Quick Reply

Latest