Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How easy is it to become a rich abstract artist? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is a lot of canvas and an exotic pseudonym all I really need?

ReputationRep:
    you just have to be a self-promoting twannock without an ounce of talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    you just have to be a self-promoting twannock without an ounce of talent.
    Cynic!

Why must I be surrounded by philistines and barbarians?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Cynic!

Why must I be surrounded by philistines and barbarians?
    you can have a signed copy of my latest online work... it is called "All the King's Horses"... here it is:

:poo:

ReputationRep:
    you can have a signed copy of my latest online work... it is called "All the King's Horses"... here it is:

I love it.

An avant garde reinvigoration of transgressive artform that has been encumbered by ennui. I like how it dares the viewer to challenge ones own preconceptions. Raw and violent, the subconscious themes break down traditional barriers with its narcissistic hedonism. 5 stars.

ReputationRep:
    I love it.

An avant garde reinvigoration of transgressive artform that has been encumbered by ennui. I like how it dares the viewer to challenge ones own preconceptions. Raw and violent, the subconscious themes break down traditional barriers with its narcissistic hedonism. 5 stars.
    i can knock these out to you for a bag of sand guv'nor... you can sell them down Bond Street for a tidy profit and no mistake. gaaarh.

ReputationRep:
    Lol... as if anybody posting in this thread actually knows anything about the field of abstract art :nn:

ReputationRep:
    I love it.

the artist known as bear™ has taken the transgressive turdiform image beloved of the Young Brits and taken it headlong into the 21st century, literally sending it racing into the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Lol... as if anybody posting in this thread actually knows anything about the field of abstract art :nn:
    No, this font colour is an sad echo of a worn out movement, and the addition of the emoji - how jejune. Stale and sullen. Uninspiring.

ReputationRep:
    Well afaict the amount of money you make hinges on your ability to cultivate and shmooze wealthy patrons like Saatchi.

Grayson Perry gave the reith lectures in 2013 - download those if you want a howto guide you can listen to on the bus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03969vt

ReputationRep:
    No, this font colour is an sad echo of a worn out movement, and the addition of the emoji - how jejune. Stale and sullen. Uninspiring.
    :rofl: Lucky I only use it for my own enjoyment, then

ReputationRep:
    i agree; utterly derivative and d'avant hier.

please see the second part of my "Ant Writhings" trilogy:

Mind The Gap

:flute::pee::lazy:

this takes the chthonic energy of the turd from Part I ( "All the King's Horses" ) and via a subtle alchemy transmutes it into liquid gold...

ReputationRep:
    i agree; utterly derivative and d'avant hier.

please see the second part of my "Ant Writhings" trilogy:

:flute::pee::lazy:

this takes the chthonic energy of the turd from Part I ( "All the King's Horses" ) and via a subtle alchemy transmutes it into liquid gold...
    I stand and applaud for All the Kings Horses Part II.

Bold. Bold and liberated. A fresh departure from the banalities of the Turner. Reminds me of the young Jasper Johns.

ReputationRep:
    Not possible, you have to die in extreme poverty before your work gets recognised

"Rich" and "artist" is a paradox unless you're the next Van G which I very much doubt X

ReputationRep:
      I stand and applaud for Ant Writhings Part II:" Mind the Gap".

Bold. Bold and liberated. A fresh departure from the banalities of the Turner. Reminds me of the young Jasper Johns.

the powerful earth emanations of All the King's Horses and the liquid frissonage of Mind the Gap are melded and transcended in the third and final part of Ant Writhings;"Lunar Caustic". this Chymical Wedding of form and function vibrates with liberating, yet, perplexing energies.

without further ado here is "Lunar Caustic":

:moon:

:pee:

:dice:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Craghyrax)
      Tell us how you really feel

ReputationRep:
      the powerful earth emanations of All the King's Horses and the liquid frissonage of Mind the Gap are melded and transcended in the third and final part of Ant Writhings;"Lunar Caustic". this Chymical Wedding of form and function vibrates with liberating, yet, perplexing energies.

without further ado here is "Lunar Caustic":

:pee:

:dice:

This is real art. Move aside, Michelangelo.

ReputationRep:
      All three parts are available from the artist known as bear™, as well as his specially soiled t-shirts; he™ will print your name above the phrase

"I Writhed with Ants"

and three stains of your choice.

student price = € 218

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hezzlington)
      Tell us how you really feel
      About abstract art? :confused:

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.