Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any fellow name-nerds on TSR? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If so, what are some of your favourite names?

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I actually own 3 first name dictionaries

ReputationRep:
    That's cool I keep kinda wanting to get one, and then thinking what's the point since there's Nameberry and BBN and BtN and all those other sites. We used to have one ages ago with loads of Anglo-Saxon-esque names in it, like Aethelflaed . . . What names do you like, then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tennysons_maud)
    That's cool I keep kinda wanting to get one, and then thinking what's the point since there's Nameberry and BBN and BtN and all those other sides. We used to have one ages ago with loads of Anglo-Saxon-esque names in it, like Aethelflaed . . . What names do you like, then?
    My favourite name for a girl is Katherine, I also like Marianne and Marina. I like Alec as well for a boy, as it's less common than Alex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    My favourite name for a girl is Katherine, I also like Marianne and Marina. I like Alec as well for a boy, as it's less common than Alex
    Katherine's nice but I kinda associate Marina with Stingray's character . . . not necessarily negative, just . . . association. Alec's pretty cool. I used to really like Alexander (and still do tbh) but popularity puts me off a lot of names. Like, Isabel, Emily, Eleanor, Grace, Joshua, Oliver, Lewis, William . . .

ReputationRep:
    *bump*

ReputationRep:
    Miranda is a nice name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Miranda is a nice name.
    Miranda's a marvellous name

ReputationRep:
    I'm a rather large fan of Welsh names, having one myself. Although, people with Welsh names tend hear the most hilarious pronunciations... (I know I do, and my name's not even that hard..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarysJSLewis)
    I'm a rather large fan of Welsh names, having one myself. Although, people with Welsh names tend hear the most hilarious pronunciations... (I know I do, and my name's not even that hard..)
    I find myself drawn to Welsh names quite a bit. Not usually as "I'm so going to use this one day" but more "that is such a cool name". Like Gwyneira.

ReputationRep:
    I find myself drawn to Welsh names quite a bit. Not usually as "I'm so going to use this one day" but more "that is such a cool name". Like Gwyneira.
    Yeah, I get that. I think if I do use a Welsh name for a kid I'd definitely choose one of the simpler ones anyway, like Gwyn :colondollar:

ReputationRep:
    100% Leith

ReputationRep:
    Hohenheim. Perfect name for your first born son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Hohenheim. Perfect name for your first born son.
    I like Justinian, Leonidas, Augustus, Benedict, Barnabas, etc. but not Hohenheim, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I like Justinian, Leonidas, Augustus, Benedict, Barnabas, etc. but not Hohenheim, sorry!
    Don't worry about it, you are wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Don't worry about it, you are wrong.
    I know

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.