Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

do I tell my fiance I have been cheating on him? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay I need some help on this, I turning 30 next month, and last November my boyfriend who is 6 years older proposed to me, we are planning to get married at Easter, but the thing is last August I was with another man, I mean I am not in anyway making any excuses for it. I did end it before he announced he was proposing to me, I mean last summer he was always away working like 18-22 hours a week, he is a doctor in his medical residency, I mean the problem I have do I tell him about this, because I was cheating on him, I no it was only like 3 months, and I have never been unfair to him since we first me 4 and half years ago, the thing is if I tell him I know he will call of the wedding and break up, and our relationship will be over, I know it is a lie, but it was a moment of madness, shall I risk telling him or keep a secret. ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie bentham)
    Okay I need some help on this, I turning 30 next month, and last November my boyfriend who is 6 years older proposed to me, we are planning to get married at Easter, but the thing is last August I was with another man, I mean I am not in anyway making any excuses for it. I did end it before he announced he was proposing to me, I mean last summer he was always away working like 18-22 hours a week, he is a doctor in his medical residency, I mean the problem I have do I tell him about this, because I was cheating on him, I no it was only like 3 months, and I have never been unfair to him since we first me 4 and half years ago, the thing is if I tell him I know he will call of the wedding and break up, and our relationship will be over, I know it is a lie, but it was a moment of madness, shall I risk telling him or keep a secret. ?
    your a terrible person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigBackner)
    your a terrible person
    i know but what do i do I can't risk telling him?

ReputationRep:
    The truth always comes out..
    You can't have a relationship built on lies. It just won't work. I'd come clean..that way you at least have some chance of fixing things.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him. Hopefully he'll break it off with you. For god's sake, you were cheating on him while he was off literally helping people. What is wrong with you

ReputationRep:
    Are u serious ? It sounds like you don't deserve him , tell him and be honest. I don't know you can, in all good conscience, carry on with him! Of course it'll be hard and we all make mistakes but it really is unfair on him to lie !

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one wondering why a thirty year old would announce infidelity (with their full name) on a student website?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackieox)
    The truth always comes out..
    You can't have a relationship built on lies. It just won't work. I'd come clean..that way you at least have some chance of fixing things.
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    yes lol. He deserves better. And what if he finds out after you're already married? That will just make it worse.

I still find out things my ex lied about even half a year after we've already broken up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Am I the only one wondering why a thirty year old would announce infidelity (with their full name) on a student website?
    Happens a lot. Boring trolling tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Well, it may not be a troll. Judging by the awful grammar and spelling, it seems like a genuine mistake - unless he/she is one step ahead

ReputationRep:
    Well, it may not be a troll. Judging by the awful grammar and spelling, it seems like a genuine mistake - unless he/she is one step ahead
    This 30 year old has signed up to make this thread on..like you say a student website.

ReputationRep:
    As well as the fact a 30 year old writes like an 18 year old?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Despicable.

ReputationRep:
    This 30 year old has signed up to make this thread on..like you say a student website.
    And like I said, may just be a genuine pleb

ReputationRep:
    I finbd it amazing really. There's someone with that small of a life that they spend their time making stuff up on a random website.

The ones with multiple accounts are weirder still. Layers and layers of pathetic-ness
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    You're 30 and it sounds like you don't know how to handle a marriage just yet. Tell him you cheated, he'll leave you and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    If you love him then tell him, he deserves the truth. You cheating wasn't his fault, you must have known you'd see him less from the start because of his job so why'd you cheat then agree to marry him? Him working long hours doesn't excuse what you did. Just tell him, maybe he'll forgive you but I wouldn't. Once a cheat, always a cheat. If you can't tell him then end it with him because you're likely to cheat again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honesty is the best policy. If it was the other way round wouldn't you want to know? How would you feel knowing you married someone who cheated on you. It's hard to tell the truth sometimes but in this type of situation honesty is a must.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.