Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have 5 months to revise all of the higher paper topics, do you think this will be enough time for me to get a good grade ( C or above ) if I do 5hrs of revision per week ?

ReputationRep:
    Have you not done maths for the past 2 years?
    Because unless somehow your school just decided not to scedule maths lessons you will have done atleast up to C grade topics.
    What board are you going?
    I'd suggest you start working your way through the textbook, not spending too long on the easy stuff because it won't get you marks in the exam, and then just start working through the parctice papers.
    My maths teachers have created a compilation of common questions for each topic (which if you can answer you can easily achieve A/A* - nobody at our school has ever gotten below an A for maths) which I could send you if you would like? (The're 2x4 booklets, each of which take 2 hrsor so to complete)
    Good luck and feel free to message me if you need any help/ resources!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Would you be able to send them to me! I'm struggling at a B ATM. I've got GCSES this year and would love to get a A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake mchale)
    I have 5 months to revise all of the higher paper topics, do you think this will be enough time for me to get a good grade ( C or above ) if I do 5hrs of revision per week ?
    Most definitely enough time. Use this website http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/, covers all topics in the new GCSE, explains it well and gives past papers / sample papers for new GCSE and solutions to previous exam questions etc, ie excellent resource. Also plan to study regularly, set aside specific time for relaxation, time with friends, study time, sleep time, ie everything - with enough effort and rest you should do very well!!

I should know as I teach maths GCSE as a tutor.

Good Luck
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake mchale)
    Hi Jake,

This is a great article about how to prepare for exams, which you may find helpful:

http://www.thetutorpages.com/tutor-a...m-success/5022

Good luck!

Emma

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.