jake mchale
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have 5 months to revise all of the higher paper topics, do you think this will be enough time for me to get a good grade ( C or above ) if I do 5hrs of revision per week ?
koala789
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Have you not done maths for the past 2 years?
Because unless somehow your school just decided not to scedule maths lessons you will have done atleast up to C grade topics.
What board are you going?
I'd suggest you start working your way through the textbook, not spending too long on the easy stuff because it won't get you marks in the exam, and then just start working through the parctice papers.
My maths teachers have created a compilation of common questions for each topic (which if you can answer you can easily achieve A/A* - nobody at our school has ever gotten below an A for maths) which I could send you if you would like? (The're 2x4 booklets, each of which take 2 hrsor so to complete)
Good luck and feel free to message me if you need any help/ resources!
lukech
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Would you be able to send them to me! I'm struggling at a B ATM. I've got GCSES this year and would love to get a A!
CraigFowler
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jake mchale)
I have 5 months to revise all of the higher paper topics, do you think this will be enough time for me to get a good grade ( C or above ) if I do 5hrs of revision per week ?
Most definitely enough time. Use this website http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/, covers all topics in the new GCSE, explains it well and gives past papers / sample papers for new GCSE and solutions to previous exam questions etc, ie excellent resource. Also plan to study regularly, set aside specific time for relaxation, time with friends, study time, sleep time, ie everything - with enough effort and rest you should do very well!!

I should know as I teach maths GCSE as a tutor.

Good Luck
The Tutor Pages
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jake mchale)
Hi Jake,

This is a great article about how to prepare for exams, which you may find helpful:

http://www.thetutorpages.com/tutor-a...m-success/5022

Good luck!

Emma
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (64)
32.82%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
27.69%
No (52)
26.67%
I'm not sure (25)
12.82%

Watched Threads