Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just got my mock results and I wanted to go into medicine. I revised for all my exams the night before which is sooooo stupid.

English Lit: 8
    English Lang: 8
    Maths: 6
    RS: B (so upset, i thought i'd get an A)
    History: B
    French: B
    Bio: B
    Chem: C
    Physics: C

My science were the worst and I wanted to take RS, Chem and Bio for A level.. but now I am really confused... I might take English Lang rather than RS. I really need to start revising but I just don't know how?!?! I don't even know what I want to be now.... I wanted to be an orthodontist but i'm really confused. I know these results can be my motivation to do better but idk.

ReputationRep:
    There good and probably better than mine, in fact certainly better but hopefully mines are good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsjustmini)
    I have just got my mock results and I wanted to go into medicine. I revised for all my exams the night before which is sooooo stupid.

My science were the worst and I wanted to take RS, Chem and Bio for A level.. but now I am really confused... I might take English Lang rather than RS. I really need to start revising but I just don't know how?!?! I don't even know what I want to be now.... I wanted to be an orthodontist but i'm really confused. I know these results can be my motivation to do better but idk.
    You'll do better in the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    You'll do loads better, don't worry! I think your grades are really good. I think I did great for these mocks and I'm just hoping that I can maintain my grades until May/June.
    If you need resources for science, especially; I recommend freesciencelessons on youtube, they're really good. and If you're doing AQA, try and convince your school to get exampro which is a really nifty tool to use for past exam questions.
    I think for Maths; you should definitely use Mathswatch and do all the notes and questions so you can flip to any topic at any time. mathsgenie and bland.in are good resources for maths questions.
    Also; you should definitely download appblockers/website blockers on your phone and personal computer; set a time limit for each website you tend to flip to to procrastinate and just crack down and revise on subjects that are priority
    I'm sorry about RS, I can't really help since I don't have to do it Try and ask people who're doing better than you at the subject for their tips on how to improve; that's how I'd do go with it.
    Good luck <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saharan_skies)
    You'll do loads better, don't worry! I think your grades are really good. I think I did great for these mocks and I'm just hoping that I can maintain my grades until May/June.
    If you need resources for science, especially; I recommend freesciencelessons on youtube, they're really good. and If you're doing AQA, try and convince your school to get exampro which is a really nifty tool to use for past exam questions.
    I think for Maths; you should definitely use Mathswatch and do all the notes and questions so you can flip to any topic at any time. mathsgenie and bland.in are good resources for maths questions.
    Also; you should definitely download appblockers/website blockers on your phone and personal computer; set a time limit for each website you tend to flip to to procrastinate and just crack down and revise on subjects that are priority
    I'm sorry about RS, I can't really help since I don't have to do it Try and ask people who're doing better than you at the subject for their tips on how to improve; that's how I'd do go with it.
    Good luck <3

Thank you so much for these tips! and good luck with your GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    Don't let your mock results deter you, as they are absolutely brilliant for this stage of the year. When I did my mocks for GCSE's this time in year 11, I got all C's or D's. I walked away with 3A*, 6A and a B in the end. RS is all about pulling forward quotes to facilitate your knowledge, and having a solid structure to all your answers. I have no doubt you will walk away with A* and A's come August

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowdive)
    Don't let your mock results deter you, as they are absolutely brilliant for this stage of the year. When I did my mocks for GCSE's this time in year 11, I got all C's or D's. I walked away with 3A*, 6A and a B in the end. RS is all about pulling forward quotes to facilitate your knowledge, and having a solid structure to all your answers. I have no doubt you will walk away with A* and A's come August
    Thank you so much... What revision tips do you recommend the most?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much... What revision tips do you recommend the most?
    I recommend making revision cards on all topics, and doing as many past papers as you possibly can. Don't bother rewriting notes over and over, you will learn far more by looking over mark scemes and understanding what the examiner is looking for. I applied for Medicine this year, so far had 3/4 of my interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowdive)
    I recommend making revision cards on all topics, and doing as many past papers as you possibly can. Don't bother rewriting notes over and over, you will learn far more by looking over mark scemes and understanding what the examiner is looking for. I applied for Medicine this year, so far had 3/4 of my interviews
    How did it go? Was there ever a point in your life where you didn't want to go into the medical department because right now I am in conflict with what I should take for A-level because I have realised I enjoy English more than science...

ReputationRep:
    How did it go? Was there ever a point in your life where you didn't want to go into the medical department because right now I am in conflict with what I should take for A-level because I have realised I enjoy English more than science...
    Every now and then I wonder what I'm getting myself into, but I am so passionate about this that I will try and work through it! The most important thing through A Levels is that the subjects you are doing you enjoy, as it gets harder and harder. If you are sure about Medicine, for AS you only have to do 2 sciences (you can be slightly at a disadvantage for some unis, and chemistry is a requirement) I would say do 2/3 sciences or 2 sciences, Maths and English if you want to appeal to every uni there is. I did Chem, Bio, Physics and Maths at AS, ended up getting a B in Physics and dropped it. So I wish I did a subject like History or RS which I was extremely good at during GCSE's

ReputationRep:

Just work hard there is so much time left so don't worry. Do the subjects you enjoy

ReputationRep:
    They are only mocks, start revising now ( if your in Year 11, if not then dw you have ages ) for the summer ones and learn from this experience.

Also read this if your thinking about medicine https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medicine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.