Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Welcome!

Hello everyone, my name is Eloise and I'm in Year 11. I've decided to take part in this year's Grow Your Grades in the hope that it will keep me inspired and motivated during the next few months of dreaded revision! I'm quite new to The Student Room and am still finding my way around so I'm learning something new which is always exciting.

My Grade Goals

English Literature: 9
    English Language: 9
    Mathematics: 9
    Further Maths: A^
    Spanish: A*
    History: A*
    RE: A*
    Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Physics: A*
    Computing: A*

Good Luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck mate! Confidence and hard work goes a long way and it sounds like you'll absolutely ace that part, your mock grades are really good too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightmonkey)
    Best of luck mate! Confidence and hard work goes a long way and it sounds like you'll absolutely ace that part, your mock grades are really good too
    Thank you very much! Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by je.suis.eloise)
    Welcome!

Hello everyone, my name is Eloise and I'm in Year 11. I've decided to take part in this year's Grow Your Grades in the hope that it will keep me inspired and motivated during the next few months of dreaded revision! I'm quite new to The Student Room and am still finding my way around so I'm learning something new which is always exciting.

My Grade Goals

English Literature: 9
    English Language: 9
    Mathematics: 9
    Further Maths: A^
    Spanish: A*
    History: A*
    RE: A*
    Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A*
    Physics: A*
    Computing: A*

I hope to be posting fairly regularly, whether it's a daily update, or a weekly reflection of school, revision and social life.

Good Luck to everyone!
    Hi, I'm Rian (pronounced Ryan, my parents spelt it different) and I'm also in year 11
    Well done with your mock grades! I love your high targets!

My grade targets:
    English Lit - 8 (will be happy with anything above a 6)
    English Lan - 8 (will be happy with anything above a 6)
    Maths - 9
    Geography - A* (don't mind what I get as long as it's a pass)
    Finance - A*
    Business Comms - A*
    Biology - A* (might not get it though due to our absolute s*** teachers at the start of this year)
    Chemistry - (already got last year) A*
    Physics - (already got last year ) A (2 marks to an A* 😤😡)
    Computing - A*
    ECDL - D* (equivalent to an A*)

In my mocks I got:
    English - 5+
    Maths - 7 (the school used really low grade boundaries here)
    Geography - A*3 (unit 3)
    Finance- A1 (unit 2- we'd only learnt 6 out of 11 topics)
    Business comms - (unit 8 and 9) A*
    Biology- C1 (see what I mean about the teachers)
    Computing - A*1 (95%, I got 100% in last years mock !)

In Biology the highest in my class was a B3! The opposite class to us (also took triple but usually get lower grades the highest was an A*2) so yeah one of the teachers 'left', hopefully that will go up as will my English and maths! (Taking Further maths at A-Level, I need an 8 and a 6 in eng for Economics A-Level)

And I am loving your mock grades, well done, it's the final push now! 🤓 (oh god, I sound like my head teacher ha ha ha! 😂😂😂)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by je.suis.eloise)
    Thank you! Well done for your mock grades too! We both seem to have high targets- hope you get what you're aiming for! I'm planning on doing Economics A Level as well (if all goes to plan of course). Good luck!
    Thanks, same to you! What other A-Levels are you planning on doing?
    I'm hoping to do:
    Maths
    Further Maths
    Economics
    Computer Science

Hopefully I can get into Oxford or imperial college London, I like the look of both of them but I will need -
    Further Maths- A*
    Maths- A or above
    Economics - A or above
    Computer Science - the higher the better (hopefully A *)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.